LONG--Anyone up for a game of Diagnose and Prescribe?

@Spiky Bugger - This may help (eventually) on the CDiff front ---> http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/201...ampaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=2035

On the IC front, is there a way to trim away the damaged part of the bladder? I had a friend who had a "bladder lift" procedure after childbirth left her incontinent - wondering if repositioning would have any benefit?

Oh, goodie!

Diana mentioned the poop pills a while back...and I had read about a project out of Canada...Mc Gill, maybe? (They were being Canadian Cute and called it RePOOPuplate.). But your info is brand new and promising! Thanks.

Eta...btw...my second transplant...some people need two...was a lot like the experiences of the majority of patients.

Twenty people with recurrent C. diff infections took 15 pills a day, about the size of a large multivitamin, for two days. Fourteen of them were free of diarrhea almost immediately, with no recurrences.

I think that within an hour, I was pretty much finished with diarrhea that had been plaguing me for five months. It was an amazing response.

Last edited:
Being a Canuck (didn't know the name). A woman I know had/has C Diff, and had a transplant from her husband which didn't take. But they tried it again with her daughter and she's been doing much better. I don't know how many rounds of fecal transplants she did...

Being a Canuck (didn't know the name). A woman I know had/has C Diff, and had a transplant from her husband which didn't take. But they tried it again with her daughter and she's been doing much better. I don't know how many rounds of fecal transplants she did...
My bad...University of Guelph.

Yeah...I did not have a donor. And if I had asked a family member in L.A., it would have meant travel (which I had to do for the first transplant), but also testing the donor poop, waiting for test results, hotels (you don't stay with friends or family when you have C Diff), and that would cost a fortune.

The great thing about the frozen poop is that it is overnighted and has already been tested. The pills are probably 1000 times better!

Latest posts

Back