Listen to Your Body!

Munchkin

Full of Fairy Dust
Lots of us can't afford labs more than once a year. Pay attention to what your body is telling you inbetween times! We can see what Vitalady recommends for us any time for free. Try your best to come up with a plan for you that's similar. I love Vitalady and I think she provides a great service. I wish I could afford her plan but I can't. I have to look for more cost effective ways to meet my needs.

This Summer I was stoked because I could afford a Costco membership. And their supplements were a little less than what I had been buying for years through Puritan. As far as DSers go, I am low maintenance. I suspect I have less malabsorbtion than most. I have never had any problems with my labs at all.

Well, after taking the Kirkland supplements for several months, I can say for sure I need to go back to Puritan. My formerly great fingernails look awful. And my hair even looks worse. Darn it! So I will finish my Kirkland vites and go back to my old plan. Time to start watching Puritan for a buy one get 2 free sale!

I'm pretty sure my calcium is low and my B's are too high. I can compensate in the meanwhile by taking more calcium and leaving out the B-Complex.

I can't afford to do complete labs all the time. But I can listen to my body inbetween times!

Do you get yours done at the drs or by your own? I have a HDHP so, for the in-between or special tests I go to directlabs, othewise I get the regs at the Drs.. but Directlabs generally are cheaper for the most part and I can get a full vite panel done for about half or less.. plus they seem to understand which ones need special handling, so I don't have to go in for a re-draw (3x once!) with my drs office.

Oh this makes me sad. I just bought two huge bottles of Kirkland Multiples a couple of months ago. I take them two at a time.

Oh this makes me sad. I just bought two huge bottles of Kirkland Multiples a couple of months ago. I take them two at a time.
Kirkland multi's work fine for me...what she is saying is you know your body best. What works for one may not work for another.

Do you get yours done at the drs or by your own? I have a HDHP so, for the in-between or special tests I go to directlabs, othewise I get the regs at the Drs.. but Directlabs generally are cheaper for the most part and I can get a full vite panel done for about half or less.. plus they seem to understand which ones need special handling, so I don't have to go in for a re-draw (3x once!) with my drs office.
I always do my own labs and order them myself too.

Munchkin, I would love to know more about how one goes about "doing their own labs". I am working hard right now just to understand and learning how to read my labs. Sure appreciate all the information you have been putting forth on this subject the last few days.

Part of being able to do your own labs is to be in a state where you (NOT your doctor) can receive lab results. The list is here, LabCorp has the same limitations (and a similar list). Dh and I use to live in TN...had to get our results from a doctor. Now we are in NC and can receive our own results.

And then you typically go to a site like http://www.walkinlab.com

California is on the list where lab results have to go to a doctor!

thanks for the thread & the good info, folks.

Munchkin, I would love to know more about how one goes about "doing their own labs". I am working hard right now just to understand and learning how to read my labs. Sure appreciate all the information you have been putting forth on this subject the last few days.
I have a basic list of what I need and I shop for prices. I may get some done by one provider and some by another. Then I just show up and they bleed me! Honestly it's easy.

Latest posts

Back