Lab questions from Russ

chevtow

Got some of my results back from 6 months and these are the ones that worry me (so far LOL).
Ideas on how to get these where they belong? Right now I take 4 Tender Iron, 60mg each morning.
Thanks for your knowledge and help :)

Ferritin.pngIron Test.png

or do you have a liver disease or some sort of infection? I'm thinking ... ferritin is an acute phase reactant. It can fly high in the case of anemias but also for liver issues and definitely for infections.

Wow your ferritin is super high! Yet your total iron and %sat are low.
That's interesting.
Will be interesting to see what your h&h are.

I don't know what to say about this - you are still not that far out from surgery, and in the first year, things can be quite screwy. I would be moderately concerned, and ask for a referral to a hematologist who has experience with bariatric patients.

What is your CRP? Do you have some kind of infection or immunological issue going on?

I do not see CRP on any of the tests, maybe that one hasn't come back yet?
HGB - 12.9
HCT - 41.1

My PCP didn't seem overly concerned in his note he emailed me with the results (so far). I wasn't as optimistic and emailed him this afternoon, was told he is out of office and will contact me on Monday.

And no Diana, nothing else going on that I know of.

I don't know Didley, not even "Bo"....but, my initial gut reaction just says your numbers are out of whack because you have lost a HUGE amount of weight in such a short time and your liver is in overdrive, stressed out and over worked. Thats the main reason they tell us no alcohol during this WL phase, the liver is already very heavily taxed. But, yes, you are doing the right thing to get it thoroughly checked out.

Latest posts

Back