JenKapNC DS surgery [NC | Oct 8, 2015]

Just heard from @JenKapNC. Her husband said she is out of DS surgery and in recovery. Everything went really well, and she asked me to update the group and thank everyone for their support. Let's make some room on the bench!

Wishing her a safe and successful surgery and an easy recovery.

Just heard an update from @JenKapNC. She was having real problems with pain and nausea, to the point that she wasn't able to keep any liquids or nausea meds down. Concerned about hydration, she eventually made a trip to the ER, where the docs suspected a kink or twist in her intestines based on a CT scan. She went under for corrective surgery, and while I am not completely clear on all that was done, I understand she is safely out of surgery and is resting and healing. Wishing her a quick recovery, and she asked me to pass along this update.

Sure hope this is the end of surgery and is now on to healing and living! Speedy Recovery!

Just heard an update from @JenKapNC. She was having real problems with pain and nausea, to the point that she wasn't able to keep any liquids or nausea meds down. Concerned about hydration, she eventually made a trip to the ER, where the docs suspected a kink or twist in her intestines based on a CT scan. She went under for corrective surgery, and while I am not completely clear on all that was done, I understand she is safely out of surgery and is resting and healing. Wishing her a quick recovery, and she asked me to pass along this update.
Oh, no. So sorry she is going through this and wishing a speedy recovery from the corrective surgery as well as the original DS.

@Pacifica thank you for the update. I hope @JenKapNC is ok now, and I'm glad she had the sense to get herself to the ER when things weren't going well. Let's hope it's smooth sailing now.

Oh dear...that's horrible. Sorry about the additional surgery but glad she's out safely and resting. I'm wishing that her recovery from this and the DS surgery is uneventful from here on out.

Hi guys. Unfortunately this update comes from my hospital bed where I have been for the last week or so. When I was first readmitted they thought there may be some type of blockage so they went back in and did an exploratory lap. Everything looked fine but they just wanted to make sure that any technical/mechanical type problem hadn't occurred. So what they've come to conclude is that I have Ileus or sleepy bowels. Stuff doesn't want to move through my new tummy and intestines. I walk like crazy to try and get things moving, but... it's just frustrating. Hoping Dr. Sudan lets me start on clear liquids soon so that I can get back to my babies. Thanks for thinking of me.​

I'm sorry you've had such a hard time. Hope it all sorts out and you can get home soon.

Latest posts

Back