isn't this info all wrong??

unavidanueva

So, I'm googling and reading, continuing to look for information as I wait for all the appointments as the docs check out every orifice prior to getting my DS approved. This is a link that came up in my search:

https://hospital.uillinois.edu/Pati.../Our_Services/Biliopancreatic_Diversion_.html

Now wouldn't you think that the University of Illinois hospitals should have some kind of idea of what they are talking about? Why does this information seem to contradict everything else I've read or been told? The DS page has dumping syndrome at the top of the "risk" list; it doesn't appear at all on the list of risks for RNY -- or at least, it isn't named (the symptoms seemed to be outlined). Also, they seem to be saying that DS patients should take fat-soluble ADEK. Aren't DS patients supposed to take dry ADEK because they can't absorb the fat-soluble kind?

The site even has pages for "revision & correction surgery" and "weight gain after gastric bypass" ... but never mentions the DS as the possible solution. Seems to be steering people away from DS and toward RNY.

This feels like everyone claiming the world is flat, while over in the corner, Columbus and a few friends know that it is round ...

<edit> Just noticed that every other page (sleeve, band, RNY) includes an illustration, and ends with a link for "I'm interested in this surgery, what do I do now?" The DS page has neither. Very glad I found my way to the U of Chicago instead of U of Illinois.

Latest posts

Back