Introduce yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on what you do for a living. Most people need an absolute minimum of 2 weeks to get back to work...many need more. Think of it this way...you only have ONE chance to heal from this surgery...don't go TOO fast. Start with a full 6-8 depending on what Dr. Ayoola says.
I'm about to start my fourth and final week off...I can't imagine going back any sooner...and I had zero complications. Believe it or not...my first week and 1/2 was a piece of cake compared to the mental stuff that settled in the 2 and 3 week. Not only do you need time to heal PHYSICALLY...you need time to process EMOTIONALLY. If I could afford more time off I'd take it in a heart beat. Thank goodness my job is supportive and knows I'll be working at half capacity for the next month or so.

Thank you Vanessa,

I'm throwing up, nauseous and can only get down my protein drink( ice cubes, almond milk, frozen banana, 3 tables crunchy peanut butter and one scoop RAW protein powder) sometimes I put in 6-8 decalf coffee beans.
I have no joy for food at all because most of it comes back up. Really tired of being really sick. It's time for the garden!!!

You're doing better than me!;-) I can't keep a shake or anything that resembles a shake down. I'm really sick of being sick too:-( At this point, all I can do it concentrate on hydration....too bad they don't have protein infusions like they do for iron. Maybe that would make me feel better because right now, everything is nauseating!;-(

God.... My DS was 4-24-14. I'm supposed to go on a 5 day white water trip 6-29. Hope I'm ready as I'm the trip leader.

Hang in there. Have you heard of anyone using pot to ease the nausea? I'm desperate.

Good question! I'm curious too. I have SeaBand pressure point bands on my wrists right now...I can't really say if they're helping though...it maybe psychosomatic. I'm also on the anti-nausea meds...which I'm not sure is working either. I did have a bit of an appetite today...I was able to eat 5 chicken wings in Hawaiian sauce over a span of three hours. But now the thought that I did that makes me want to puke!! Lol! I've been snacking on roasted peanuts...the salt is making those appealing. But yeah...I'm desperate for the nausea to go away too!!

Actually, my stomach is ok...no real pain. I've been off pain meds too since the first week. I do feel "hunger pains" though...

Thank you Vanessa,

I'm throwing up, nauseous and can only get down my protein drink( ice cubes, almond milk, frozen banana, 3 tables crunchy peanut butter and one scoop RAW protein powder) sometimes I put in 6-8 decalf coffee beans.
I have no joy for food at all because most of it comes back up. Really tired of being really sick. It's time for the garden!!!
Have you gotten IV fluids for dehydration?

Good question! I'm curious too. I have SeaBand pressure point bands on my wrists right now...I can't really say if they're helping though...it maybe psychosomatic. I'm also on the anti-nausea meds...which I'm not sure is working either. I did have a bit of an appetite today...I was able to eat 5 chicken wings in Hawaiian sauce over a span of three hours. But now the thought that I did that makes me want to puke!! Lol! I've been snacking on roasted peanuts...the salt is making those appealing. But yeah...I'm desperate for the nausea to go away too!!
How is your fluid intake?

If you are both KEEPING DOWN WITHOUT VOMITING at least 64 oz. of fluids daily, then disregard. If this is not the case, GO GET IV FLUIDS. I predict it will greatly improve your lives.

I do know someone who smoked pot for the nausea with great results. I'm so bummed it never even dawned on me til I was over it.

If you are both KEEPING DOWN WITHOUT VOMITING at least 64 oz. of fluids daily, then disregard. If this is not the case, GO GET IV FLUIDS. I predict it will greatly improve your lives.

I'm coming in just a tad under 64oz... I'm urinating frequently and it's fairly diluted, not concentrated at all. I'm waffling back and forth about going in for fluids, but with the nausea being what it is, I plan on going in tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back