Insurance denying - Need records I can't come up with

The scheduling does take time because it needs to accommodate more than just your surgeon's time. Days before your surgery you will probably have to take a class about your surgery. There will need to be medical tests scheduled before your surgery as well. Relax, the hard part is over. Getting approved is the tricky part, the rest will come.

There will need to be medical tests scheduled before your surgery as well.

More tests? Wow, I had no idea. I've done all my pre-op labs (like 12!), I've had an EKG recently, I don't have a gallbladder to worry about... what else can there be? I don't remember hearing about anymore tests at my consult - but that was a year ago so I could've forgotten, lol.
Also, is the class part of the appt with the NUT a couple weeks before surgery to get your pre-op diet and stuff or is it just an actual class with multiple people?

I am not sure how it is handled at Dr. Cottam's office, at RMP there were blood tests two days before surgery and a class with multiple people the day before plus pre-registration at the hospital. The day of the class I also met with the surgeon for the first time, I live in Idaho so it was all done in a couple of days to save having to show up for multiple appointments. Everything that could be handled over the phone and by e-mail had already been completed.

Ok, after reading this entire thread I must ask the following: Does anyone dare deny that this is the greatest site for all things Bariatric Surgery centered in existence? Can you point to ANY other website where this kind of responsive and amazingly effective counsel would have been offered? Diana...you are now and will forever be my freaking hero!!! Watching a little person score a major victory against a corporate behemoth attempting (as usual!) to deny needed services to a deserving person, just made my day!! So happy for you Jas! Please keep us posted every step of the way through your surgery and beyond. Scour these boards carefully and soak in the wonderful tips and info here. And welcome aboard!!

:welcomeboard:

Now that you have approval for WLS you should be able to go to a surgeon that performs the one you want. Right?

I already have a surgeon. I had wanted the VSG from the beginning, but after some research had hoped for a DS. However my insurance doesn't cover it so I will be sticking with the original plan of the VSG. I really believe it should work out well though and so does my surgeon. :)

Now that you have approval for WLS you should be able to go to a surgeon that performs the one you want. Right?
One would THINK it would work that way. It doesn't tho. My DS was approved, my choice of surgeon was not because my choice was out of state. Thankfully I had a DS surgeon in state (several in fact, TN had 4 at the time). I just had to convince them to handle a lightweight.

This whole thread is just awesome. After a long drawn out fight with my own insurance company, it's so GOOD to see the little guy win. Good for you!

Congrats on your date! Look at how far you've come - from a non-denial denial, all the way to having a date set. July 1 will be here before you know it.

Latest posts

Back