I'm Here - Finally able to post

duh_Mom

Good day all, wow, what a journey I have had getting to the losers bench. I actually straddled the lost bench a day or 2. Had my surgery (BPD/DS) on Tuesday 6/16 - seemed to do ok but kept complaining of reflux. On the 18th - things went from bad to worse -short story. . . had an incarcerated bowel - went into shock and required extensive fluid resuscitation and of course surgery to un-incarcerate my bowel, also massive antibiotics. The surgeon was not sure if there was rupture prior to the surg but thank goodness after he got the bowel out of the hole it was trapped in the blood just flowed back into it. Went home on the following Tuesday but ended up a 23 hour admit on that Friday for a thorentesis - took over 400 cc of my right lung. I was having pain under my right shoulder blade I was sure was referred pain from the CO2 in my gut. (damn nurses that think they know shit) After the fluid resuscitation, i had fluid stored up every where! I had a couple extra ba_donk_a_donk butts on each hip and pitting edema in by legs from all the 3rd spacing.
My white count was still above normal - 20ish - but could not find any reason - I still felt like hell and started with low grade fever - so, Wednesday this week he did an abdominal CT and have decided I have colitis with potential C-diff. Started different antibiotic and feel much better.
I will say as I was going through this I did regret ever hearing the term BPD/DS - but I kept all y'alls words that this too shall pass - it is the short term.
I am going to do a bit of reading and catch up on things.

You poor thing! You have had such a terrible start. I hope it all easy from now on.

LOL, yep - it has been a bitcher! the last support group I went to there were 2 different ladies that commented after they woke up there could not tell they had surgery - just those little cuts on their tummy - well - I am kicking both their arses next time i see them. :)

so glad to hear from you and wow, what a story! sounds frightening and painful but glad you are on the road to recovery. Given everything you've been through, it sounds like you are doing amazingly well. I'm sure it will all be getting easier each day. Keep us posted and please take it easy!

Oh wow...rough go of it. But now, sip, walk, rest, repeat.

Once you can...come kick MINE too, I am one of his that felt like I had not even had surgery. :)

Normally I'd congratulation you on having your surgery, but instead I'll congratulate you for surviving. I'm glad you're finally on the mend. Once you get rid of all that extra fluid, and of course the C diff, you will feel much better and can move forward with your recovery. And don't be a stranger from now on!

Oh wow Mom so sorry to hear of your horrible adventure, but glad you are doing well enough to post. My thoughts are with you and Hope your recovery goes well now. You deserve a break.

thank you all for your kind words! I needed them. Signed on the doctors portal and did find out my C-diff was neg so that is something. Every day is better. getting in my fluids - and struggling with those damn protein drinks - they want 60 - I am generally making our 30 that you all suggest. Does seem like small servings of protein is doing better.

Glad the c-diff was NEGATIVE.

Yeah, they want 60 grams of protein out of the gate. I was lucky to get 30 grams. It gets better tho. Hang in there.

So glad the c-diff was negative!
Damn girl...I sure hope you have smooth sailing from here on out!
Sorry you've had to go through all of that! *hugs*

Latest posts

Back