I'm Back!! FINALLY!....Sliced, Diced & Spliced!

wow, glad it went so smoothly and you are already home. just remember not to go lifting stuff, no matter how good you feel.

you on clear liquids for now?

^^^^ Absolute no lifting if you had open surgery! If you did have open did they give you a tummy binder? I only ask because I have another incision hernia and I see another surgery in the near future. It is gotten big and starting to hurt so I am wearing my binder every day. I wish I had worn it more and for a longer time after Dr.K did my surger in 2013. Even if you just sneeze or cough hard it could hurt a newly cut tummy. Enough of being a Debbie downer.

I am so happy you are home and feeling so good! I hope it continues to be a very easy boring and painless recovery! Welcome to the dark side and being a Borg! I think that was Star Trek Next Generation! Yeah it fits! Is that what you meant @DianaCox

Welcome to the Dark Side, Rob. Incredibly happy that you got exactly what you wanted and are experiencing minimal pain. Way to go! Please remember to stay hydrated. As my fellow hernia-mates have emphasized, do not overdo it or try to lift anything! So delighted!!!!

Very cool beans!!
And YAY for easy, pain free recoveries! Keep doing whatever you are doing...well, or not doing whatever you aren't doing!

wow, glad it went so smoothly and you are already home. just remember not to go lifting stuff, no matter how good you feel.

you on clear liquids for now?

Thxs! Yes, clear liquids for the last 3 days. SUX!! Today, this morning is my first day for a protein shake. I'm having it right now. I never thought I'd be so GD happy to get a protein shake again!!!...lol But, today is day four and I feel great! almost like nothing happened! I've been sleepin a lot and every time I wake up I feel better. Getting protein back in will help a lot too!

Welcome to the Dark Side, Rob. Incredibly happy that you got exactly what you wanted and are experiencing minimal pain. Way to go! Please remember to stay hydrated. As my fellow hernia-mates have emphasized, do not overdo it or try to lift anything! So delighted!!!!

Thank you Hilary, you are so awesome! Though, I am an animal lover, cats, dogs, love em all, I really wish you would put your other avatar back on, you know, the one that shows that bright sunshine happy smile :) Seeing that smile just makes me smile ;)

:D:D
^^^^ Absolute no lifting if you had open surgery! If you did have open did they give you a tummy binder? I only ask because I have another incision hernia and I see another surgery in the near future. It is gotten big and starting to hurt so I am wearing my binder every day. I wish I had worn it more and for a longer time after Dr.K did my surger in 2013. Even if you just sneeze or cough hard it could hurt a newly cut tummy. Enough of being a Debbie downer.
@DianaCox

Thxs Barb!, Believe me, I'm talikng it easy, I'm actually gonna milk it for all I can for as long as I can at my house :D

Hey Rob!! Congratulations!! I'm so glad all went well and you're feeling great! Sounds like you're doing amazing! You're on the other side. YAY!!

Thanks for sharing . glad your having a good recovery. I hope those suggestions help you. Can you keep me updated? I am freaking out about having the surgery so I would like to know what works for you and others.
Congrats !!

Hi …@Kathy26 ,thxs, so, for an update, today is day 5 for me and everything’s still doing ok. A few things have changed, yesterday, right after my post about not doing # 2 yet, it all started working. Not sure if this is normal, but I had 6 diarrhea poops yesterday and 6 today. It literally feels like all the liquid is going right through me. I will update my other thread and ask of our Vets too. You will be ok hon, they have this really perfected and you will do just fine!

Oh Rob, I am thrilled for you and so very jealous. sounds like you are doing wonderful! show us how its done dude! Glad you are doing so well.

Latest posts

Back