I'm a Dirty eater, and I love it.

Razbry

The very first thing I want to say is that there is a very nice article on this forum about clean eating. I understand and agree with the authors thoughts. I mean no disrespect to her.

All my fat life I have felt shame for anything I have ever put into my mouth. After all, it was apparent that anything was too much...right? As the only fat child of my family, I was an embarrassment to them. Everyone (at one time or another) became my keeper of what was appropriate for me to eat. It could be as simple as, are you sure you really want that? to, lets go on a grapefruit and water diet. I never felt good enough...ever. Food was at the center of it all. I liked food, I hated food. Food was the alpha and omega. If I could just conquer food my life would be right. I started to get educated on what was good food versus bad food. Go to jail and feel shame if you eat bad foods. This newer term, clean foods, indicated (to me) that there must be a bad opposite called dirty food. All of us here know what bad/dirty food is, and all of us now embrace (or are in varying stages of embracing) that bad/dirty food is what is now good for us. People still observe what I eat off my plate with disapproval. Although lately I take delight when they raise one eyebrow and say, oh you must be a Palieo. Yeah, something like that. The point is (for me) is that I don't give a damn anymore what anyone thinks about my diet. I am healthy in both body and mind through dirty eating. June Cleaver no longer has a place in my kitchen.

what do you consider dirty eating ? where is the article ? I often feel like a dirty eater, but I keep losing at 18 months out from revision

I did not read the article. But I am trying to eat better quality foods. Organic and fresh food choices when I have the option. However I have no problem frying, coating in sauces, cheese and such. I need the fat and calories.

I consider 'clean eating' stuff without a lot of chemicals. I can taste them and I feel better overall not eating them. My gut can tell the difference. I don't give a damn how anyone else eats and never really thought about such a thing as 'dirty eating'. :)

You guys crack me up.
What is Clean Eating? was posted by southernlady, and very much describes what some of you have thought of as clean eating. I get it...I really do. I do, however, so enjoy being a dirty eater. :ROFLMAO: Yeah, a little dirt never stopped me either.

You guys crack me up.
What is Clean Eating? was posted by southernlady, and very much describes what some of you have thought of as clean eating. I get it...I really do. I do, however, so enjoy being a dirty eater. :ROFLMAO: Yeah, a little dirt never stopped me either.
Dirt isn't the issue for me...processed is. I think of it that way.

ONLY reason I don't use the 5 second rule is the puppies are QUICK!

Latest posts

Back