I Knew I'd Get Covid Sometime

k9ophile

On my recent trip to Bellevue, WA, I had to change planes in Chicago both going and coming. I was vigilant with hand washing, but maybe should have worn a mask on the petri dish AKA an airplane. At least the vaccines seem to be keeping Covid from throwing a rager in my body. Quarantine is easy. I enjoy an antisocial existence. Not happy with the weight loss and weakness, yet I'm not totally incapacitated. Four days left on house arrest then I can get out and about wearing a mask.

Y'all stay vigilant. It's not as scary as it was in 2020, but still not easy to deal with.

My mother and I still mask up. She a bit less than I bc she has breathing issues. But definitely in supermarkets, etc. Hope you feel better soon.

I’m sorry it caught you. But for those of us who enjoy our own company and don’t care to “people“, it’s not terrible. Stay hydrated. Get well.

So sorry! Yes, plane rides (and airports) are hot spots. Feel better soon!

Thanks for the well wishes. DH and I both have it. We're taking Paxlovid. The only thing we've noticed with the drugs is a metallic taste. We have enough groceries and household supplies until the quarantine is done.

Our doctor said he'd gone months just sailing along. Then hubby and I come in and he has 3 cases in one day. We did keep up with the vaccination schedule and boosters. We'll be okay.

FWIIW, from what I understand it's mostly aerosols that transmit the virus, and planes in the air, pump lots of clean filtered air into the cabin, so they are relatively safe, say compared to a city bus or train ride

So, unless the guys behind you are coughing madly at you , it's probably getting on and off the plane, when the AC doesn't work, that's the most risky.

That said, a mask always helps stack the odds in your favor

I've heard that really helps so I'm glad you are getting it. Feel better soon!
The Paxlovid does seem to bringing some relief. l gotta get over Covid to get the bunion fixed. I'm hoping to keep the weight loss slowed. I don't like people in general so staying away from them is great.

ETA Fixed some typos. Don't do adult beverages and post.

Last edited:
take very good care, it can be a weird ass virus.

for example, it's been 2 years since I had it and my sense of smell is still not back to normal.
there has been some improvement but it's sooooooo slow.

The Paxlovid does seem to bringing some relief. l gotta get over Covid to get the bunion fixed. I'm hoping to keep the weight loss slowed. I don't like people in general so staying away from them is great.

ETA Fixed some typos. Don't do adult beverages and post.
I’m glad to hear you seem to be on the mend. I’ve been thinking about you.

Yuck! I'm sorry you got Covid. I got it this past January and it took me a good 10 days before I could really say I felt like myself. I also couldn't take Paxlovid, though, due to health conditions, so I got the other drug (molnupiravir), which isn't as effective, so hopefully it won't take you as long.

take very good care, it can be a weird ass virus.

for example, it's been 2 years since I had it and my sense of smell is still not back to normal.
there has been some improvement but it's sooooooo slow.
Our yard guy came around yesterday and mowed our lawn. I can't tell you how excited I was to smell the fresh cut grass. I like that smell to begin with, but I was thrilled to smell it yesterday.

My DH isnt seeing the level of improvement improvement that I am having. He's going to get a z-pax antibiotics and corticosteroids. We're both happy too be at home. But if the Zpack and steroids don't help, we'll try something else.

And as sad as we are from losing our dogs, they would not get the care they'd need. I just thought I'd have a few years before falling apart.

We're just hanging in.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back