I don't think I posted this here

DSRIGGS

Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon
Two Fridays ago at about 3pm I woke up from passing out and went to the bathroom. As I was sitting there taking care of business I heard the dogs prancing around (nails clicking in the tile) and could tell they were very nervous. Then I heard the wind picking up and the it sounded like bee bees clicking on the windows and then it goy really loud and I heard much bigger things hitting the house. I was still kind of disoriented and looked at the window by the toilet and couldn't see two feet away. I got off the toilet as quick as I could because the wind was screaming g now I thought to myself that I didn't hear a tornado siren but thought I think we are having a tornado so I got the dogs down to the basement. After a couple minutes it let up quite a bit so we went upstairs and I looked out the front door and it was like nothing I had ever seen. The wind was still probably at 40 mph and it was swirling and it looked like a blizzard. After about ten minutes it pretty much stopped. We had a huge hail storm with hail that was nickel sized along with winds up to 85mph. The yard was covered with ice/hail and we have four huge old maple trees in our yard and pretty much every leaf along with six-ten inch stem was ripped off the trees. I looked out back quickly and didn't see too much damage or so I thought. The next day I looked and the casement window in our laundry room had one side knocked out ( the outer pane of double pane window...luckily inside pane wasn't broken) and we had a bunch of holes in the vinyl siding on the back. I thought well we got off pretty easy. Well I was talking to a neighbor just down the street in our 15 house development , at a chili party and he asked if our rood was damaged. I said I didn't think so but he said theit roof was shot. We have a two story so I couldn't see much so I thought I better get it checked out. It ends up that the window, roof, siding, gutters and down spouts, several screens on windows, screen door and fascia are all ruined as well as our AC unit damaged as well (the fins) and all have to be replaced. the State,Farm adjuster was out today and he wrote it up right at $30k worth of cost for the claim. Now I have to get bids to see what a contractor will charge and see if they agree with adjuster''s estimate. I have never done this before but we have full replacement cost so I will see if the contractor scope and quotes come in at or below the adjuster otherwise I challenge. good news is the rood isn't leaking bit I would really like this done before it starts snowing so going to be busy getting this stuff going....now if it had just damaged our flooring and counter tops I could really use some new granite or other Stine tops and new wood floors. :D

We are thankful it wasnt worse and the roof was 20 years old so I am glad we are getting a new roof be a use it was going to need replaced soon anyway and that is $15k I don't have to spend. So this kind of ended up being a good thing other than I really don't have the energy to deal with it because I really back slid the last couple days and have felt rotten again.

We are thankful it wasnt worse and the roof was 20 years old so I am glad we are getting a new roof be a use it was going to need replaced soon anyway and that is $15k I don't have to spend. So this kind of ended up being a good thing other than I really don't have the energy to deal with it because I really back slid the last couple days and have felt rotten again.
I'm sorry you are feeling rotten again.

As for the new roof, etc. That will help that Mother Nature helped out. While paying for insurance is a pain in the ass, having it is worth it when things like this happen.

Isn't it amazing that dogs can sense things this way? Glad your car wasn't out in the hail! My first car was pockmarked by one of those storms. My insurance wasn't as good as yours, so I drove it around that way. Feel better!

Thanks and yes the dogs can pick these things up. It scared be a bit to be honest since I was still out of it and caught with pants proverbially around my ankles. :D I thought to myself how fitting that a DS'r dies in a storm sitting on the shitter! :p

Sorry about your car. Luckily my car was in the garage and my wife and son's were all in Peoria about 25 miles away and they didn't get the hail.

Latest posts

Back