Howdy from Montana!

Elizabeth N.

Herder of cats
Small update. I've been a little quiet here because, frankly, I'm worried about readers who won't stick to their ignore buttons and I'm tired of feeling stalked.

That being said, I'm delighted to report that Zoe the cat and I are safely ensconced in Montana, that the short sale of our NJ home is nearly complete, and that I have been working the local network hard, with several job options open as soon as I am able to commute.

Jack the brat dog is in amazing foster care. Mr. EN is housed with friends and continuing to work until I get a real job so he and Jack can do the big "leapfrog" west.

My inlaws have thrown a horrible monkey wrench into the mix with spurious and vindictive legal claims. We have had to spend thousands on legal representation and travel costs for me to fly back east next week. I can't begin to describe how horrifying this is.

I thought long and hard about saying anything here, but the combination of a need for support and the guilt over my silence won out.

I hope for the best of the internet and fear the worst.

Nice to hear from you Elizabeth! We've missed your sage advice. :) I'm glad that things are starting to be settled in terms of your dream location move and sorry for the in-law challenges.

I've been catching wind about the crap going down with the "family" on FB.. I can only imagine the stress it's creating. Insane. Sorry that distance and/or the other half can't intercede to fix the drama. I hope whatever it is blows over and you guys can get really settled, it looks gorgeous out there!

Ms. EN I dont know what is going on and don't need to. I would think legal BS would be bad enough with those unrelated to you, but to have it come from family. hellfire. Sending hugs and peace if any of that is possible.
Glad you are settled and have Mr. EN and Jack in foster care. Hopefully it wont be long before you can all be under the same roof again, especially with all the family BS going on. You all need each other.
thoughts will be with you

((((Hugs))))), I hate what you are having to deal with as far as Mr. EN's family. I pray it all gets settled and all of you get back under one roof fast.

Love, love, love Montana. One of the prettiest places on earth. The fact that you can speed on the long, long trips on highways between cities is great. Lawsuits are always horrific, but even more so when they involve relatives. Lucky you that you can be there! I've come and gone from the site, too, mostly because I get distracted with so many other things. Then, something happens, and I need to check in again, to see what's new. Hope all works out and Zoe will love the open spaces, even if she's just looking out of a window. Good luck on the job front.

so good to hear from you. I too hate what you're going through drama-wise, and send ju-ju that it will be worked out and soon.

Damned shame that your distance from the in-laws isn't a peaceful as you deserve. I hope all gets settled with the legal mess soon and the whole EN family will be happily united in Montana.

I have not read anything about your legal troubles, not being on any bariatric facebook pages. I have not personally witnessed any type of stalking behavior on this site. It seems to be a relatively positive place to get and give information and advice about bariatric procedures. However, if you feel threatened, I am sure that administrators could make sure the blocking feature is used.

Edited to add: I meant to say how sorry I was about the legal troubles. I had to type this post twice because the first time I started the post, I hit a wrong button and went of into cyber space.

Anyway, I hope your entire family is happily ensconced in Montana soon with all problems behind you.

Last edited:
However, if you feel threatened, I am sure that administrators could make sure the blocking feature is used.
NA, there isn't a block...just "ignore" and several of the more vocal individuals on here use it...but ignore is not perfect. You still see that people on your ignore list have posted, just not what they say. Also anything on most of these boards are accessible to even guests. It's JUST the R&R that requires registration AND a certain point before access.

NA, there isn't a block...just "ignore" and several of the more vocal individuals on here use it...but ignore is not perfect. You still see that people on your ignore list have posted, just not what they say. Also anything on most of these boards are accessible to even guests. It's JUST the R&R that requires registration AND a certain point before access.

That seems sufficient for words on a screen. Thanks for the information.

Update: The trip back East was hell. The spurious litigation was dismissed, but the moron inlaws appear to think they can appeal. I was more than fortunate to acquire an experienced bulldog of an attorney via a NOLO recommendation--money very well spent. He will take care of any necessary smackdowns of The Crazy.

The day of the hearing was crowned when an inattentive dimwit backed out of a parking space into the front of our car, wrecked the radiator and left us stranded some distance from our hotel. It took some doing to finagle a ride, but we eventually got it all worked out.

Then I got stuck in Snowmageddon and had to stay an extra five days. It was nice to spend a little more time with Mr. EN and get in a good visit with friends and with Jack. The trip home was uneventful, and I about cried with relief when I got off the plane in Bozeman.

Hopefully we can now move forward. Mr. EN seems to have finally grasped that his relatives are extremely toxic, and now, having cut off contact with them, is eager to complete the move.

Latest posts

Back