How long was your three week or so stall?

I honestly do not remember because I only used the scale readings I took once a month as my official loss. I didn't record any others.

I never had a stall...so far. I've lost 200 lbs in 10 months and keep going forward. I actually worry the other way, because I still don't eat much. I'm almost never hungry and usually am forced to eat at gunpoint by my precious wife. I'll let you know if I hit it! :speechless:

I never had a stall...so far. I've lost 200 lbs in 10 months and keep going forward. I actually worry the other way, because I still don't eat much. I'm almost never hungry and usually am forced to eat at gunpoint by my precious wife. I'll let you know if I hit it! :speechless:
I am the same way with eating...but my weightloss has slowed down to a crawl

I have also noted with interest when I had brief weight loss stops, for a few days or more, that when it resumed it was usually after a good eating day. I really think breaking the "starvation mode" of our bodies helps get us losing weight again. You need fat + calories to lose fat and calories is what I'm saying. Counterintuitive perhaps...but I believe it nonetheless.

I have also noted with interest when I had brief weight loss stops, for a few days or more, that when it resumed it was usually after a good eating day. I really think breaking the "starvation mode" of our bodies helps get us losing weight again. You need fat + calories to lose fat and calories is what I'm saying. Counterintuitive perhaps...but I believe it nonetheless.
I agree completely.

Folks, if you can't stay off the scale, at LEAST keep track of your loss in overall pounds per week. It took me over two years to lose 100% of my excess weight. It averaged out to exactly two pounds per week over that time.....or in other words, EXACTLY what the medical people say is an "appropriate" rate of loss :).

Quit being in such a hurry. You are barely a few weeks out of surgery.

My three week stall was a two week stall, and it lasted almost 2 weeks. It coincided with some terrible stomach pain and I was barely eating. I started eating a little more, and curiously, added in a few carbs, and I'm back to losing a half pound a day.

@Elizabeth N. I am trying to guess at how many times I have seen that same post from you and then how many of those people have come back and repeated the same to other people who post the same. I can't even come up with a number. lol

On the other hand @Txkat we have all been where you are. Relax and enjoy the ride! You will do great!

I am about to make an appointment to see someone about anxiety. I just went back to see Dr. K. this week and he is not removing the feeding tube. There is no guess why on that. But he says I am a Type A personality and so on and so forth. He is right everybody is right. I am a nervous wreck about everything. I am trying to convince myself that I did the right thing and I got it under control. When I really don't. I need mental help bad. I appreciate all the comments here and Dr. K. is great too. I am about to start back on some food. I am nervous about that too. He gave me a liquid multi-vitamin to put through the feeding tube but too hold off on introducing any other vitamins right now. I am just a mental mess. I am sorry to dump on you all.

Dump away, that is why we are here! I hope you are able to get help. If you feed your DS right, it will all be fine. Relax.

I am about to make an appointment to see someone about anxiety. I just went back to see Dr. K. this week and he is not removing the feeding tube. There is no guess why on that. But he says I am a Type A personality and so on and so forth. He is right everybody is right. I am a nervous wreck about everything. I am trying to convince myself that I did the right thing and I got it under control. When I really don't. I need mental help bad. I appreciate all the comments here and Dr. K. is great too. I am about to start back on some food. I am nervous about that too. He gave me a liquid multi-vitamin to put through the feeding tube but too hold off on introducing any other vitamins right now. I am just a mental mess. I am sorry to dump on you all.
All I can offer is that everyone that I spoke to that had a feeding tube hated it while they had it, yet looked back later and realized it was a lifesaver. You'll get past this, just hang in there!

@cboone , my surgeon specifically scheduled my to follow up with their psychiatrist 2 weeks after surgery. Due to schedule problems I didn't get in with her until almost a month out. We went over a lot of things, including that with a large chunk of your stomach gone, you're going to be more succeptible to anxiety and depression since your stomach makes 80% of the bodies seratonin. She upped my cymbalta dosage for my arthritis, which was small, because of concerns about it not getting fully absorbed in my shorter GI tract, and gave me ativan to take for stomach aches or vomiting, and it has made a world of difference. I just need a nap every day.

Latest posts

Back