Home from Colorado, What's the Big Deal About Marijuana?

k9ophile

Ok, I indulged in some edibles. Only one gave me a slight buzz, which lasted about 20 minutes. I did get low THC content due to mostly wanting something for sleep rather than a high. And they didn't help me sleep, even though one was especially formulated for sleep with THC and melatonin.

As an side, I was amazed by how tight the shop was regulated and run. My imagination had open shelves of goodies, and not having to show my ID just to enter. Clerk told me that if she even suspected I was going to buy something and take it out of state, she would refuse to sell me anything. So I guess my TN driver's license screamed, "Limited sale".

(More than being disappointed about my experiment results, was the fact that it SNOWED! I packed sandals and tennis shoes. Grrr.)

My experience was deflating as well. It seems I am one of the odd balls who have bad reactions to stuff. I also cannot take narcotics.

So I guess my TN driver's license screamed, "Limited sale".

at least in part because they are a cash business and everyone knows it, security is always tight. I never though about the out of town DL though, I suppose you could have said you were in town with a large party if you wanted to buy more?

the fact that it SNOWED

we got 12 inches by yesterday morning! GAH. luckily the roads were OK by afternoon when I had to go out.

I was disappointed in the edibles too. I got some for sleep and I got the highest THC available. I think they did make me sleep better but I didn't get high at all.

High security here too! And several have been robbed.

For me, when in HORRID pain, The Big Deal is that when I use a THC/CBD combo about two hours after I take an opioid, it is often several hours before I need my next opioid fix, instead of jonesing for that fix in less than four hours.

So, for example, without marijuana:
7:00–opioid
9:30-10:00–pain is back
11:00–opioid (and they’d rather I go six hours)

With marijuana:
7:00–opioid
9:00–THC/CBD in some form
2:00-3:00–opioid

Problem?

I can get 120–usually more than a month's worth—of 10mg Percocet for ten bucks. I never leave the pot shop w/out dropping $100 or more...and it won’t be a month’s worth.

So, I haven’t been to the pot shop for months, but I’m glad I have the option, just in case.

Last edited:
Additionally, one of the things I tried was a patch. Not only did it not help me sleep, it took off the top layer of my skin. Didn't hurt, I just noticed the spot looked like the light flaking after too much sun exposure.

Spiky Bugger Another thing that offset my disappointment, was all the green chili I ate while there. I shipped a bunch of canned chili home. I'm going to try to make it as I also got some cans of diced Hatch chilis. We found a little hole in a strip mall family owned place, so good.

Additionally, one of the things I tried was a patch. Not only did it not help me sleep, it took off the top layer of my skin. Didn't hurt, I just noticed the spot looked like the light flaking after too much sun exposure.
:unsure: :helpsmiley:

I’ve never had edibles but smoking pot definitely does stuff for you . I’ve been told that edibles don’t produce near the high, so I’d guess not as effective period, plus with our altered innards that may play a part as well?

I’ve been told that edibles don’t produce near the high

no idea about those of you who have had a DS but for the rest of us you can get extremely high with edibles. way too high, too easily, in fact. (that link is from 5 years ago, btw)

but for the same dose, the high from an edible will be spread out over a longer time and thus not as intense.

(and since we are on the subject of cannabis, let me just let folks know I haven't been using it for a long time between having anxiety, relocating and job hunting.)

Latest posts

Back