Hi

Dave0168

Kind of found this place looking for more specific information on my surgery, Bilopancreatic Diversion with DS.

Coming from another forum (where the majority of people are sleeved and don't seem to grasp the difference/benefits of this particular procedure) I was beginning to feel that it wasn't really the place for me so I stumbled upon this place in hopes of finding more information on the long term outcomes people have experienced, specifically the rates and types of complications others have had.

Hi @Dave0168. You're in the right place. Welcome to the board! I'm a newbie. I had my DS surgery 2 months ago so I can't really address your long term questions but I'm sure the vets will respond.

Not sure how to read your post - have you had your surgery or are you still pre-op/researching the DS?

Hi @Dave0168. You're in the right place. Welcome to the board! I'm a newbie. I had my DS surgery 2 months ago so I can't really address your long term questions but I'm sure the vets will respond.

Not sure how to read your post - have you had your surgery or are you still pre-op/researching the DS?
Hi Jen,

I haven't had surgery yet but just got my date this week. My DS will be on May 6th this year.

This does seem to be the right place. A couple others don't seem to have the activity, types of patients or current info that this place has.

I've got some catching up to do.......

Welcome, @Dave0168
Glad you joined us...lots of reading ahead, that's for sure...and ask questions. Most have been answered and you will find a wealth of information in the pinned (stickied) threads but not everything is there.

Hi there...glad you found us!
I'm only 4 months out from my VSG to DS revision, but I've had no complications or issues except constipation from the calcium supplements.

So where are you from? Who's doing your surgery?

Congrats on your surgery date! Who is your surgeon? Please let us know so that if there are any concerns about him/her you find out now and not on the table.

Welcome, Dave! Next to saying yes to my husband, DS was one of the best decisions I ever made. :)

Kind of found this place looking for more specific information on my surgery, Bilopancreatic Diversion with DS.

Coming from another forum (where the majority of people are sleeved and don't seem to grasp the difference/benefits of this particular procedure) I was beginning to feel that it wasn't really the place for me so I stumbled upon this place in hopes of finding more information on the long term outcomes people have experienced, specifically the rates and types of complications others have had.
HI! I made it here. I like this much better.

Congrats on your surgery date! Who is your surgeon? Please let us know so that if there are any concerns about him/her you find out now and not on the table.

Hi Jen,

My surgeon is Dr. Bonnani at Abington Memorial Hosp. just outside of Philly. I've met twice; once for my initial consult then a second time when he did my endoscopy. I like him and I have yet to hear anything negative (hopefully I won't this late in the game).

I spoke w Bonanni's office during my surgeon search. I couldn't go w him due to my insurance. I liked that he did a lap procedure and not open but I was told he does a set common channel length of 125 which I didn't like. I went w Dr. Greenbaum as a self pay and he uses the Hess method.

I haven't heard any complaints about Bonanni, but like I said I'm a newbie - only part of the DS community since October 2014. If you want to be sure, you should start a new thread asking about him. Then the vets will see it if they haven't been in this thread.

Latest posts

Back