Hey!

Love,love,love your video! Thank you for showing up and being courageous! There is so much growth when we move out of the place of fear and into our Truth!!
You were stellar!!

My husband has been pushing me to vlog,blog write a book....something....ANYTHING about my journey over the last 10+years. I always come to that place where I think to myself...."I'm not doing anything extraordinary. Lots of people do this. It's called Life... for those of us who don't give up."
But, I'm beginning to see where our journeys can inspire and help others who might be on the fence or still sitting in fear. So, BRAVO, BRAVE WOMAN!!!
I will also be following you.

Btw.. we have some pretty interesting and similar experiences getting to this place. We should chat some time.
Congratulations on your surgery date and I hope you stick around here! So many pulling for you! This is my go to...I'm still a newbie in this and I want to be around for awhile,so I'll stick where I know the knowledge and experience is!

Love&Light,
~Krystyna~

Aw, thank you so much Krystyna!! I've always thought the same thing about "not doing anything extraordinary", but I've learned so much and drawn so much inspiration from following other people journeys and see how they handle struggles and take the time to celebrate victories, I thought "hey, I can do this thing called life, and actually live too! Maybe my journey will inspire someone like so many people have inspired me."We'll see how all that goes ;)I agree with your husband! I think it's going to be awesome to have something that documents everything that I've been through and that has gotten me to where I am now, and where I will continue to from here. I think it would be the same for you! Let me know if you start a YouTube channel or blog or anything! I'd love to follow you as well! We definitely should chat sometime! Are you in the New Life support group on Facebook?I'm so excited for my surgery date to get here! Not so excited about the pre op diet, but I know I can handle that too ;)I'm so glad I found this page and get to interact with so many awesome, supportive people like yourself!

Are you in the New Life support group on Facebook?I'm so excited for my surgery date to get here!
I am on there and most of what is posted by the staff is dribble. Doesn't apply to DS'ers. But I sit on my hands and don't say much cause I would get banned from the group otherwise.

I am on there and most of what is posted by the staff is dribble. Doesn't apply to DS'ers. But I sit on my hands and don't say much cause I would get banned from the group otherwise.

I've noticed a lot of what they say contradicts most everything I've read regarding DS'ers specifically. I guess I'll have to master the smile and nod technique with them

hahahahahahahahahha I don't have your excellent restraint!! :p

HI @mandachelle - I am a Boyce pt too and glad to see another! do you make it to the support groups that he has? Great face to face opportunities. Glad to see you made it to this site as it has lots of info. Use the bookmark feature to save info you need or think you might need - it is a right handy feature.

HI @mandachelle - I am a Boyce pt too and glad to see another! do you make it to the support groups that he has? Great face to face opportunities. Glad to see you made it to this site as it has lots of info. Use the bookmark feature to save info you need or think you might need - it is a right handy feature.
Hey! I'm so glad there are other Boyce patients on here! I haven't been to his support group yet, but I do plan on checking it out! Thank you so much for your tips!

Hey! I'm so glad there are other Boyce patients on here! I haven't been to his support group yet, but I do plan on checking it out! Thank you so much for your tips!
Back when I was going to his support group, they were mostly RNY patients...the odd sleever and than us...the DS'ers. But we never actually learned anything useful as it was really only a Boyce "admiration" meeting. They spent most of the time going around the room, telling about their procedure and how much weight they'd lost. Only a small percentage was more than 2 years out. I think three or four out of 40?

I have seen that they have broken the DS'ers off to their own group but I suspect it's just a regurgitation of RNY info which is so wrong for DS'ers cause those groups have to follow the "party" line.

@southernlady I have been to several of the groups - the one at the Turkey Creek hospital does not usually have any long termers. I go to it occasionally as a way to give back as all the new people have a lot of questions and appreciate hearing from someone that has traveled the path. There is a meeting in Blount co on a Saturday that has a lot of DS and sleeves. RNY seems to be the lowest number. Several of the attendees have 2 to 4 years out. The Fountain City group was RNY and DS with lots of years out - however, it just combined into a meeting at the North hospital and I have not been to it.

Generally I do get something out of the meetings and appreciate the face to face contact.

Latest posts

Back