Hey there!

beaniebrew

Hi everyone.

My name is June and I just had the VSG on St. Patty's Day! I was wanting to find some people with similar experiences to talk to online and came across this page. Looks to be pretty active so hopefully it is. Slowly getting the swing of things at home. My husband and two boys are being as supportive as they can be and I love them for it. I just hope that I am getting enough of everything I need. I'm so incredibly paranoid of losing my hair that I feel as if I can't get the required amount of protein no matter what. I know I'm only days out but still......

Anyway, can't wait to get to know you. Thanks for reading this!

Howdy and welcome. You might lose some hair and you might not. If you it will be because of telogen effluvium, which is explain in the thread @southernlady linked.

There are far worse things than losing hair! I know it doesn't seem that way right now, but it's true. It will come back; it does for almost everyone. I was an exception to the rule, so now I collect hats and wigs. You never know from day to day what hairstyle I might be rocking.

Hi everyone.

My name is June and I just had the VSG on St. Patty's Day! I was wanting to find some people with similar experiences to talk to online and came across this page. Looks to be pretty active so hopefully it is. Slowly getting the swing of things at home. My husband and two boys are being as supportive as they can be and I love them for it. I just hope that I am getting enough of everything I need. I'm so incredibly paranoid of losing my hair that I feel as if I can't get the required amount of protein no matter what. I know I'm only days out but still......

Welcome!
I stressed over my hair. Years of "you have such a pretty face" and "you have such pretty hair" when I was fat had skewed my self values, but thank goodness the weight falling off me distracted me from my shedding hair and inspired me to get a new, long past due, haircut, and time to get my head straight.

You will be so distracted by your thinning body, that the hair shedding will almost go unnoticed (yah, I didn't say completely).

Welcome!
I stressed over my hair. Years of "you have such a pretty face" and "you have such pretty hair" when I was fat had skewed my self values, but thank goodness the weight falling off me distracted me from my shedding hair and inspired me to get a new, long past due, haircut, and time to get my head straight.

You will be so distracted by your thinning body, that the hair shedding will almost go unnoticed (yah, I didn't say completely).
Yes ^^^ this!
My hair was the thing I got compliments on even when I was SMO, it was like my security blanket!

Hi everyone.

Hi @beaniebrew! Welcome. :) We'll be just about surgery twinsies - mine is Saturday! I'll be really interested to see how you're doing as I won't be far behind you. :) There's a lot of DSers on this forum, but they're very smart folks with useful information that's applicable to many types of surgeries, including ours. There's also a VSG-specific board on this forum. There are only a handful of us that post there on a regular basis, but we're all here for you! Hang in there. :)

Latest posts

Back