Hey robs477!

Less than 2 weeks for you now! How are you doing?

Hi @Jen-2, I was just going to update my thread that you posted on regarding my “consent form challenges”. In particular, you were concerned about my surgeon and our level of trust, common channel length etc. You could see right through my writings and sensed my exact concerns perfectly. BUT…I got some good news today, at least a little re-assuring. He and I had our final pre-op meeting and after our initial discussion, he got right to the consent form letter I sent him. He told me that he would only stop the surgery or not do the 2nd part, the switch, if it was a medical emergency and would supply all supporting documentation. He assured me that the ole “I didn’t have enough room or fatty liver” excuses were not an issue and did agree to do the surgery open if he had too. I could tell his ego was a little bit put off by someone “questioning” him or laying down guidelines, but…as long as we both know what to expect, that’s all I can do. He also said that given my super absorbing history and metabolic syndrome, that he was also going to do my common channel at around 100 cm…That was actually the best news and was a big concern of mine. I lost 13 of the 14 lbs he wanted me too, just have to keep it off until the 10th and did all the pre-op admission stuff, paperwork and I am ready for admission!!!!

How about you??? Its sooooo close for you!! You should be seeing the finish line with only 5 days left!!

That's awesome news! Glad you two are on the same page and you feel confident with him going into surgery! 100cm is so much better than what he originally recommended.

Congrats on losing those 13!! I know you really suffered to meet that goal. Any pure liquid diet for you leading up to the 10th?

Hi @Jen-2, I was just going to update my thread that you posted on regarding my “consent form challenges”. In particular, you were concerned about my surgeon and our level of trust, common channel length etc. You could see right through my writings and sensed my exact concerns perfectly. BUT…I got some good news today, at least a little re-assuring. He and I had our final pre-op meeting and after our initial discussion, he got right to the consent form letter I sent him. He told me that he would only stop the surgery or not do the 2nd part, the switch, if it was a medical emergency and would supply all supporting documentation. He assured me that the ole “I didn’t have enough room or fatty liver” excuses were not an issue and did agree to do the surgery open if he had too. I could tell his ego was a little bit put off by someone “questioning” him or laying down guidelines, but…as long as we both know what to expect, that’s all I can do. He also said that given my super absorbing history and metabolic syndrome, that he was also going to do my common channel at around 100 cm…That was actually the best news and was a big concern of mine. I lost 13 of the 14 lbs he wanted me too, just have to keep it off until the 10th and did all the pre-op admission stuff, paperwork and I am ready for admission!!!!

How about you??? Its sooooo close for you!! You should be seeing the finish line with only 5 days left!!
AWESOME NEWS!!!!!

I'm doing ok. I updated my liquid diet thread. Down 8 so far - so losing much slower now. All shakes this week. Still have headaches but I'm managing them. I'm trying to get my to do list done before the weekend. Nerves haven't really set in yet. I've gotten used to the diet but cooking for the kids is hard. I want to eat w them. I'm hoping having no appetite after surgery will help w that.

I'm ready to be on the other side. :)

That's awesome news! Glad you two are on the same page and you feel confident with him going into surgery! 100cm is so much better than what he originally recommended.

Congrats on losing those 13!! I know you really suffered to meet that goal. Any pure liquid diet for you leading up to the 10th?

Yeah, I do feel better about it now, Thxs ;)....I've kind of been on it anyway with just 3-4 oz of meet a day, but yes, the last week, starting this Tues, I'm going with just that. He keeps saying, "the more weight you lose, the better it will go for me in there"...that just kind of pissed me off and then I replied by asking him how safe did he think it was for someone to go into major surgery with a 200 calorie daily caloric intake for the last couple months?.....his answer was..."well just do the best you can".....My 35 yr experienced translation.....They don’t believe a fucking word I say regarding my caloric intake. His lacky resident came in before him and I had to tell that whole story again and I said, yeah, you’re not going to believe me, and....I don’t really care if you do! I am SO sick of "Doctors" and Endocrinologist’s! Of course every GD one of them are skin and bones and probably eat 10X what I do.:devilish::devilish::devilish:

I'm doing ok. I updated my liquid diet thread. Down 8 so far - so losing much slower now. All shakes this week. Still have headaches but I'm managing them. I'm trying to get my to do list done before the weekend. Nerves haven't really set in yet. I've gotten used to the diet but cooking for the kids is hard. I want to eat w them. I'm hoping having no appetite after surgery will help w that.

I'm ready to be on the other side. :)

I wish you didnt have the headaches, thats a tough one. I do at least 60% of the cooking at my house too and that has been the hardest for sure.....Its a cakewalk though now darlin, the closer I get the less it bothers me :D

How are you going to let us know about you on your surgery the day or two after?

You guys are doing great! Your almost there. You can see the light at the end of the tunnel, so reach out and grab it!

Your post gave me a chuckle. You sound as cranky as I am. This liquid bullshit sucks. No doubt about it. We're getting there. Soon we'll be on the other side. I keep reminding myself how much better we'll feel 2 months from now, etc. It'll be worth it!!

You are both almost there. Hang in there!

@robs477 it does sound like you and your surgeon are on the same page, and I think he really will do his very best to get your full DS done. Don't worry about his ego, he'll survive. You did a great job communicating with him in a respectful but clear manner. That's all you can do.

You are both almost there. Hang in there!

@robs477 it does sound like you and your surgeon are on the same page, and I think he really will do his very best to get your full DS done. Don't worry about his ego, he'll survive. You did a great job communicating with him in a respectful but clear manner. That's all you can do.

I do feel pretty good about it. I really do think he is a great Dr. and he’s a nice guy and a gentleman, so I'm cool with a little ego showing through, not a problem at all. AND...If I could make the AND bigger, I would, I couldn’t have possibly got here without all you guys. Each one of you added another perspective that I needed to implement and then Hilary, just kind of melded it all together taking out my excessive excessiveness...lol. Spiky gave me an oral tune up…LOL, No matter what happens I know I went in to this doing all I could, and that’s how I live my life. I will never forget all of you'lls help and words will never be able to express my gratitude enough.

images

499w.jpg

Latest posts

Back