Hess Method - my apologies

DSRIGGS

Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon
I recently learned that I was using incorrect numbers for the Hess Method. I always stated that Hess was giving a cc and AL as roughly 10% and 40% of total SBL. I was correct and incorrect. What I did not properly pick up on the fact that when referring to the Alimentary Limb Hess wasn't really referring to AL only. He used the term to describe the entire absorbing intestine ine tract, not just the actual AL limb (the part with no digestive enzymes and prior to the BPL joining the AL and becoming the CC.

Why is that important? Because it means the aborting path to non absorbing path is 50/50 buy is actually 40/60. In may case that is a difference of 2 5 feet.

My apologies for unitenrionally misleading anyone.

I recently learned that I was using incorrect numbers for the Hess Method. I always stated that Hess was giving a cc and AL as roughly 10% and 40% of total SBL. I was correct and incorrect. What I did not properly pick up on the fact that when referring to the Alimentary Limb Hess wasn't really referring to AL only. He used the term to describe the entire absorbing intestine ine tract, not just the actual AL limb (the part with no digestive enzymes and prior to the BPL joining the AL and becoming the CC.

Why is that important? Because it means the aborting path to non absorbing path is 50/50 buy is actually 40/60. In may case that is a difference of 2 5 feet.

My apologies for unitenrionally misleading anyone.
Scott thanks for posting this! When you were trying to explain my numbers to me that Dr? Esquerra gave, you explained it as I had 40/60. In not a numbers or scientific person but later on read on FB or maybe here that 40/60 was HESS. I think that's exactly what I have so glad to know this!

Latest posts

Back