Hello!

LorraineC

Hi Everyone,

Lorraine here. I'm pre-op DS with Dr Rabkin in San Francisco, CA. Has anyone had their DS done by Dr. Rabkin? Any reviews? Does he have a list of pre-requisites that the pre-op patients need to follow before surgery? I haven't been in to see him, but my insurance approved him to do the surgery and I will have no out of pocket cost, so I'm pretty excited about that. I'm expecting a call from Matt or Anna very soon. Any info that anyone can provide is much appreciated!

Thank you in advance,

Lorraine

Hi and welcome @LorraineC ! Congratulations on your insurance approval - for many that is the hardest part! Dr. Rabkin has a good reputation.

@LorraineC Glad you made it over.

I have preop docs. from my surgeons if you'd like to see them while you're waiting. Just PM me with your email and I'll email them to you.

Hi and welcome @LorraineC ! Congratulations on your insurance approval - for many that is the hardest part! Dr. Rabkin has a good reputation.

Thank you! It was the hardest part for me. I had to switch insurance almost 4 times to finally find one that offered the DS and that would approve an out of network Dr. My old insurance company tried to force me into the RNY, by saying RNY or you're not approved for anything, so it's been a long road. I'm glad it's almost over.

@LorraineC -- Congrats!! And Congrats again on making it through the labyrinth of insurance companies.

I think Dr Rabkin is just fabulous!!!! He has an awesome rep. I've gone to his groups and I would have loved to get surgery with him, but my insurance was a PITA, and I flew to Mexico. He is a kind and gracious man and I went to see every DS doctor in town.

Also, I have a PCP who has had the switch with Dr Rabkin if you want a new PCP. I love her and switched to her when I got my DS. PM for details

Dr. Rabkin's group is amazing. Here are the details. Hope to see you at the next one.

San Francisco
Date: 2nd Wednesday of each month
Time: 6 PM - Simultaneous Informational Seminar and post-op meeting.
7 PM - General open meeting for both pre-op and post-op patients.
Place: Cafeteria at St. Mary's Hospital
450 Stanyan Street
San Francisco, CA 94117
Additional details: Parking is available at St. Mary's Hospital parking at the corner of Stanyan and Hayes Street.
For more information please call our office.

Last edited:
@LorraineC -- Congrats!! And Congrats again on making it through the labyrinth of insurance companies.

I think Dr Rabkin is just fabulous!!!! He has an awesome rep. I've gone to his groups and I would have loved to get surgery with him, but my insurance was a PITA, and I flew to Mexico. He is a kind and gracious man and I went to see every DS doctor in town.

Also, I have a PCP who has had the switch with Dr Rabkin if you want a new PCP. I love her and switched to her when I got my DS. PM for details

Dr. Rabkin's group is amazing. Here are the details. Hope to see you at the next one.

San Francisco
Date: 2nd Wednesday of each month
Time: 6 PM - Simultaneous Informational Seminar and post-op meeting.
7 PM - General open meeting for both pre-op and post-op patients.
Place: Cafeteria at St. Mary's Hospital
450 Stanyan Street
San Francisco, CA 94117
Additional details: Parking is available at St. Mary's Hospital parking at the corner of Stanyan and Hayes Street.
For more information please call our office.

I'm definitely going to try to make it. It's a little hard because I work the PM shift at a county hospital, but I'm going to try and request Wednesdays off so that I can make the meetings. I definitely hope to be there!

Latest posts

Back