Hello!

I've just joined Bariatric Facts, so thought I should introduce myself.

My name is Tricia. I had my DS in January 2014 with Dr Ara Keshishian in Glendale. It was a revision after having a sleeve in April 2010.

I am generally doing well post surgery (although I do have elevated oxalates) but have lots of other health issues. Occasionally, you'll probably see me sharing a success or with a question about supplements/lab work.

Until my surgery, I'd been some variation of big for my entire life although I've kept off a significant weight loss since my late 20's. Here's what I know...32lbs @ 1 year, 184lbs in grade 4, 290 1/2lbs just before my 13th birthday, at least 380lbs @ 28 yrs old. I'd been as low as 203lbs for about a minute and half when ! was 20, then promptly gained 125lbs after hurting my back. I'd say most of my life was spent in the 325 - 340lb range.

Prior to surgery, I had all the major metabolic issues... syndrome X, diabetes (I used to take over 300 units of insulin a day), fatty liver, elevated triglycerides, hypertension, Hashimoto thyroiditis/hypothyroidism/thyroid cancer, etc, etc.

Thanks for sharing your experience and expertise.

Tricia

Welcome! It's great that you ended up with a DS because it's the only operation with the metabolic changes that would help you. It may have taken 2 operations for you to get there, but you got there and that's what counts.

Hi Tricia,

I am a Dr K revision patient but for a different reason. I had severe malnutrition because my original DS surgeon in Peoria, IL made my Alimentary limb half the length it should have been. Dr K revised me in August of last year and just did a ventral hernia repair with mesh at the end of May. He also did a surgery on my oldest son to fix horrible gastroparesis that had him nauseous 24/7/365. Needless to say, I love the man.

Welcome to the board and I hope you are doing well with your other health issues.

Hello Tricia and welcome! You'll find a wealth of quality information and genuine support here. Looking forward to following your journey.

Latest posts

Back