Hello

jordanfarm10958

I am new to this website but not new to bariatric surgery. I had RNY 16 years ago. I am looking for those that have had this surgery reversed. I have had my share of problems over the years with malabsorption until I found vitamins and calcium that worked for me. The big problem is constant left upper quadrant abdominal pain for years. It goes into my back. I have been scoped and they can't find an ulcer. Now I have hyperactive loud bowels sounds along with the pain. I am so sick of living with pain. I have all the other side effects, dumping, lactose intolerance, wheat intolerance etc. I can deal with that but the pain is driving me crazy. I am looking into reversal. Any one out there have experience with reversal? Who was their surgeon?

Hi and welcome! I'm so sorry you are experiencing so many problems from your gastric bypass, esp the pain.
In addition to being scoped, have you had any other work-up that might find a cause for the pain, such as a CT scan? A scope was certainly a good test, but since it didn't explain your pain, I would hope more of a diagnostic work-up is being done. I have no personal experience to offer you, and reversals of gastric bypass are so rarely done that you aren't going to find many people who have had it, if any.
Also, depending on your present weight and health, you might want to consider revision of your RNY into DS instead of just a reversal. There is no one in your general area who does this, but there are several excellent DS surgeons who do this very complex operation and we know who they are. You would need to travel, but it sounds like you are in a tough spot and the travel would be worth the effort. If nothing else, you might benefit from consulting with one of these experienced surgeons to determine what can be done to help you. The ones I would most recommend are Dr. John Rabkin in San Francisco and Dr. Ara Keshishian in Glendale, CA (suburb of Los Angeles).

Welcome Jordan, sorry to hear you are having these issues. Most folks here I believe have had the DS surgery. I hope you get some answers and an end to your pain.

Latest posts

Back