Hello!!

kevin86

Hello everyone!! I joined to try and get some info. I am in the very early stages of researching all of this but I have a feeling I am looking towards the Duodenal Switch. A friend of mine got one about a year ago and has had great success with it.

Welcome Kevin. Good to seen another guy around here. We are highly outnumbered. :p

As Liz (southernlady) said, read up. The DS is the only Bariatric procedure I ever considered and I had it primarily because my Type II diabetes was becoming uncontrolled. I went off meds immediately and my A1C has been in the 4's ever since. No BP meds, Cholesterol, none of than anymore and my numbers are fantastic.

Can you tell us about you a little. Age, weight/BMI, any comorbidities, any special medical circumstances? Insurance situation and location (very important to choose the right DS surgeon..they are not all created equal).

Thanks and again, welcome

Welcome Kevin. Good to seen another guy around here. We are highly outnumbered. :p

As Liz (southernlady) said, read up. The DS is the only Bariatric procedure I ever considered and I had it primarily because my Type II diabetes was becoming uncontrolled. I went off meds immediately and my A1C has been in the 4's ever since. No BP meds, Cholesterol, none of than anymore and my numbers are fantastic.

Can you tell us about you a little. Age, weight/BMI, any comorbidities, any special medical circumstances? Insurance situation and location (very important to choose the right DS surgeon..they are not all created equal).

Thanks and again, welcome

I'm 29. I currently weigh about 530lbs. 6'0". I also suffer from sleep apnea and hypertension. I have insurance through Aetna through my employer. I live in New Mexico. (I hope I gave all the right info. I'm kinda new at this lol).

I'm 29. I currently weigh about 530lbs. 6'0". I also suffer from sleep apnea and hypertension. I have insurance through Aetna through my employer. I live in New Mexico. (I hope I gave all the right info. I'm kinda new at this lol).
You are a prime DS candidate and LOL you are fine. Just read as much as you can through old posts here. Ton of great information and people here to help.

Kevin, Hi and welcome. and YES....another dude!!! You wont realize this for a while, (until you read a lot of old posts), BUT, getting on this site and having access to all these EXPERTS and the knowledge they share will be one of the best things you've ever done.

Kevin, Hi and welcome. and YES....another dude!!! You wont realize this for a while, (until you read a lot of old posts), BUT, getting on this site and having access to all these EXPERTS and the knowledge they share will be one of the best things you've ever done.
There's so much information on here. I've only began to scratch the surface and have learned so much I didn't know.

Latest posts

Back