Hello from Ohio!

Sleeved2013

Good afternoon and Happy New Year! Hopefully everyone had a great New Year!

I'm excited about 2017 and the new beginnings. I am new to the group. I was sleeved in March 2013 was self pay and surgery was performed in Mexico. I am looking to have a revision done to the DS in 2017. I now have two active insurances that cover WLS. I am starting my search for surgeons (I am willing to travel) and begin the approval process with my insurance. Being a lightweight (I am a lightweight 5'3" and 205 lbs) from what I have read me options for surgeons is very limited.

Any pointers would be great!

Welcome @Sleeved2013
I do know that finding a DS surgeon willing to take on a lightweight was harder for me than getting the DS approved by my insurance company.

I know my surgeon, Dr. Boyce in Knoxville, will do the DS on lightweights esp if you require NSAIDS later on. My starting BMI at 35.2 was just under yours but I am 5'4" so the extra inch made a difference. His partner, however, is an ass and requires his DS patients to be over a 50 BMI.

Question? What comorbids do you have?

@southernlady Knoxville is about 4 hours away. I have no issues with traveling.
I type 2 diabetic, I'm insulin resistance, high blood pressure, and joint pain (knees and back).
Then Dr. Boyce is a good possibility. Esp the need for NSAIDS. Just make sure if you use him to make sure it's him and not his ass of a partner.

Latest posts

Back