Hello from New Jersey!

Thank goodness most of the 'New Jersey' TV shows have just about run their course & I can introduce myself without folks thinking I am an overly tanned, gum-chewing, fight provokin', big-haired, bar-hoppin' mess!!

So I just joined & wanted to say 'Hello!'. Had my surgery a bit over 2 years ago (12/18/12) & have been doing great! No complications, labs done every 6 months & all levels in good ranges. I follow Vitalady's DS regimen tweeked based on my labs (so upset to hear about her & her business), I eat very protein forward (120-150/day), high fat (120+/day), but still keep carbs relatively low..about 50-100/day.

Just a bit about me... I am 45 yrs old, mom of 2 kiddies (Graeme 6, Bryn 4), & have a wonderful & supportive husband. I had a surgery weight of 231 lbs, my high weight was 242 lbs, & I got to my goal of 130 lbs in 14 months. I am currently 125 lbs and 5'3" tall. I had lap-DS surgery with Dr. Onopchenko, with a 150cm AL & 150cm CC, 4-5 oz sleeve. I also underwent plastic surgery with Dr. Capella on 12/11/14 (I know, I know...I really know how to mess up the holidays for the kiddies!!), where I have a LBL, breast lift & armlift in one 6-hour surgery. I am all healed up from that too without complications & am just really looking forward to Spring & getting outside & running around!!!

Love this board...& all of the vets & advice that are here!!! It feels like home..having read most of the back posts in the OtHer forum, it is nice to see you all here! I was wondering where you all went....

Happy Spring Everybody!!!

Kara Mayfield (karma)

Last edited:
Howdy sort-of-neighbor! I was so pleased to discover a couple years ago that Dr. O. had started doing the DS. Can you give any stats/info about his DS expertise? Better yet, would you consider posting about your experience in our surgeon review area?

Glad you finally made it here (I was going to try typing with a jersey accent - No can do).

Howdy sort-of-neighbor! I was so pleased to discover a couple years ago that Dr. O. had started doing the DS. Can you give any stats/info about his DS expertise? Better yet, would you consider posting about your experience in our surgeon review area?
I am actually seeing him on Thursday, 3/26 & will ask him for an update of his DS activities! Liz provided the link below & will definitely post my experience along with his stats/info in the surgeon reviews...great idea!

Welcome! Too bad you don't live here in Salt Lake City where it is in the 70's and it doesn't snow. I know! WTH??? Been a really weird winter.

Latest posts

Back