Hello from across the Pond, Poulton le Fylde, England.

Hi Everyone,
You have an incredibly informative and supportive site. It's a pleasure to join.
I am soon to revise to a DS from RNY in England on 28th November 2015 (touch wood and the procedure...well...proceeds!)

May I introduce myself?
My name is Les, 52 yrs old, single, two sons and one failed marriage and one failed weight loss surgery behind me. I lost almost 100lbs from RNY surgery in March 2012 but never got within a country mile of my goal weight and then piled on the weight in a very short 2 years.
My parents both had type 2 diabetis, were morbidly obese and had numerous strokes.Their mobility and quality of life was hugely effected by their weight and I fear I'm treading the same path. They were also wonderful people.

The RNY failure was multi-factorial but had a large element of my non-compliance and ignorance of pouch rules etc... I have to accept that . My pouch and stoma are dilated and satiety is short lived after a meal.

In no small way due to information on this site and others and hours of research I decided that revision to DS was the only way to go. I believe metabolic and behavioural issues can best be addressed by a DS procedure in tandem with counselling for overeating. I'm mid way through a ten session counselling course.

It's the Devils own job to try and find a surgeon in the UK who will perform such a difficult procedure and the National Health Service very, very rarely funds a revision. I have self funded.

I was lucky enough to meet Mr Javed and Professor Kerrigan and the latter, after strictly vetting me himself and with other members of his multi-disciplinary team, has agreed to perform the surgery.

I do hope to chat with the friendly and knowledgeable people on here. Between you, you have a wealth of knowledge and experience that may just help me change or even save my life.

Time for another protein shake on my pre-op diet!
Hope to speak soon
Regards
Les

Latest posts

Back