Hello all and help with Kaiser!!

galaxygrrl was nice enough to invite me along to the group while I was in SF for work. For a group of people who generally have terrible people skills, Dr Rabkin was amazing, and the group was very welcoming. It was wonderful to see people at all stages of their journey, including people who can see the 'proof' that DS works with the veterans in the group.

And I also got to met the famous Bill, who was also there that evening.

Hi everyone,

I will reach out to my avenging angels Diane and Larra separately but wanted to publish my denial from my Kaiser email as follow:

SANJOY KUMAR DUTTA MD

07/26/2018 03:49 PM Print Delete

weight loss surgery

Hello Michelle M Vasey
It was a pleasure talking to you.
As we discussed, I would not recommend any type of weight loss operation for you, especially the duodenal switch.
If you choose to pursue the gastric bypass or gastric sleeve, Dr. Mostaedi is willing to work with you through the Richmond program.
If you are convinced that you would want the duodenal switch, you would have to file an appeal through member services.
Feel free to email me back at any time with concerns or questions.
Sincerely
SANJOY KUMAR DUTTA MD

Hi still put in he would deny me ANY surgery!! PUTZ

Michelle

That is outrageous that he is such a liar and a bully. I would file a complaint over that alone! I would guestimate (I don't keep track) that Larra and I have helped at least 30 NorCal Kaiser people get approved through the DMHC appeals process, and many more with BMIs over 50 who were sent directly to Rabkin when they asked, after Kaiser lost so many cases at the DMHC that they just gave up for the biggest, sickest people (probably hoping that it would improve their own damned statistics). However, Dutta et al. continue to resist letting anyone with a BMI under 50 go without a fight - THAT THEY ALMOST ALWAYS LOSE, at least when the patient is working with Larra and me.

I'm thinking of sending this link to my guy inside the DMHC ... any objections?
No objections.

Latest posts

Back