Happy Holidays to All of You

DSRIGGS

Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon
If it offends you that I said Happy Holidays then I suggest you build a bridge and get over it. :p

I am for the most part just kidding but the fake War on Christmas stuff because one happens to say happy holidays because they work with Muslims, Christians, Jews and other religions (those from India and Asian countries) just irritates me.

In any case, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you of any faith, including heathens like me!

Happy Holidays & Merry Winter, from this atheist who still likes to occasionally go to midnight mass on Xmas eve, just for the ceremony. :)

Happy Holidays & Merry Winter, from this atheist who still likes to occasionally go to midnight mass on Xmas eve, just for the ceremony. :)
Too funny! FYI - I am an Athiest as well but respect everyone's belief to practice their religion or non religion.

Too funny! FYI - I am an Athiest as well but respect everyone's belief to practice their religion or non religion.

Ditto! I'm fairly versed in several religions, but hold to none. I do really appreciate the symbolism and ritual in all though.

Ditto! I'm fairly versed in several religions, but hold to none. I do really appreciate the symbolism and ritual in all though.
I have had classes on different religions and I was raised Catholic, but over the last 5 years or so just really started questioning. I don't know that I ever truly believed even though I wanted to believe and then as I get older and see so many people who are supposedly deeply religious but serious Assshats, not to mention all the bad crap that has gone in the world, I just lost all faith that there is a God. I just can't believe an all powerful and benevolent God would allow children to starve, be raped, murdered, suffer from disease, etc. so it is easier for me to choose not to believe. Interestingly enough, I try to lead my life by the WWJD philosophy as how as I what Jesus acted and wanted us to act (I believe Jesus was love and about helping others and if real would expect the same from us).

Happy days off of work! And over-cooking and over-eating! And buying a few things and getting a few things, on sale (if you wait until next week anyway)! And drinking and watching people trying to at least pretend to be in a better mood than normal. Fake it till you make it!

It is a bittersweet last holiday, subdued for many reasons, in the house both Charles and I have lived in longer than any other our whole lives, one we build to be our forever home, but which can't be that. Trying to look forward to being free of some of the clutter we've accumulated as we store what we can't part with and divest ourselves of the rest, including sending our adult kids off to scrounge in this way-too-expensive area without us.

Looking forward to starting our new life, without being too sad about what we are losing.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah or whatever you may celebrate and Happy Holidays to everyone!

heathensgreetings_highres.jpg

Latest posts

Back