Got my labs back

What I've discovered is that it's the whey with me, not the lactose. Could be the lactose too but the whey is poison to my bowels. Only milk product I seem to be able to have is butter. I've even tried yogurt, hard/soft cheeses, varying types of milk from buttermilk, full fat, non fat, hwc. I've tried it all. What I haven't tried is goats milk or amish milk. I have to be brave to try those. I think I will buy some of the meat protein from GNC, I have a 10 dollar gift card from them but I'll still have to wait till I get my remaining expense checks.

What I've discovered is that it's the whey with me, not the lactose. Could be the lactose too but the whey is poison to my bowels. Only milk product I seem to be able to have is butter. I've even tried yogurt, hard/soft cheeses, varying types of milk from buttermilk, full fat, non fat, hwc. I've tried it all. What I haven't tried is goats milk or amish milk. I have to be brave to try those. I think I will buy some of the meat protein from GNC, I have a 10 dollar gift card from them but I'll still have to wait till I get my remaining expense checks.
Amish milk as in raw milk?
Local to me is a farm store that sells raw milk. I am seriously lactose intolerant to pasteurized milk but apparently raw milk is fine. Been drinking an 8 oz glass of raw milk every morning for the last 3 weeks. NO BLOAT/NO GAS!

Someone told me that there is a genetic thing with some cows. When you buy it at the store, all the cows milk is mixed up. When you buy from the amish, the milk comes from one cow and if it doesn't have that genetic mutation it won't make you sick. I may just try raw milk. I live in Amish country so I should be able to find some.

I would KILL to drink milk again. I really miss it.

Ya know, you may want to investigate if it's a casein sensitivity. I think whey gets expelled when making cheese, no? And butter is pretty much just the milkfat, not really much whey OR casein left, so that makes sense. Google tells me that if you have a casein sensitivity, then it's probably just for cow's milk, have you tried goat cheese?

I can use coffeemate and that has casein in it. I cannot have any whey based shakes, one shake and I become a methane factory. I had goat cheese a long time ago (like 20 years) and I found it disgusting. I may try it again, maybe my tastes have changed. Goat cheese would be easy to get around here. Does goat milk/cheese have whey?

Someone told me that there is a genetic thing with some cows. When you buy it at the store, all the cows milk is mixed up. When you buy from the amish, the milk comes from one cow and if it doesn't have that genetic mutation it won't make you sick. I may just try raw milk. I live in Amish country so I should be able to find some.

I would KILL to drink milk again. I really miss it.
http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/links-of-interest.2440/
That has the link to find Raw Milk. It's not legal in every state and very heavily regulated. Thankfully, the store I get mine from is only about 30 mins away. It IS pretty expensive but it worth it for me to be able to have milk back in my life.

The farm that sells the raw milk at the farm store near me uses Jersey cows with a high butterfat content of 4.9%, total protein 3.7%. And I can SEE the high butterfat content. Close to 1/4 of the gallon is the cream that comes to the top.

I can use coffeemate and that has casein in it. I cannot have any whey based shakes, one shake and I become a methane factory. I had goat cheese a long time ago (like 20 years) and I found it disgusting. I may try it again, maybe my tastes have changed. Goat cheese would be easy to get around here. Does goat milk/cheese have whey?
Google is your friend
http://www.stevecarper.com/li/AHC0699.htm

Latest posts

Back