Gastric Sleeve July 29th 2015

Hi I wanted to know if their were other females out there who would like to share experiences during the Same time frame post op GS?

I chose the Gastric sleeve because I felt that is was going to be the best tool for now and the long run. I like the fact that I have a some of my stomach intact to absorb some nutrients naturally. I'm excited and so ready for this!!! Good luck to all of you and cheers to good health!

Welcome Paula! My wife and I will sure be praying for your surgery on July 29th...what time will it be? Also was wondering why so scant on your information? We looooove details here girl! Height, weight, comorbidities if any, etc. Talk to us ya varmint !!

:welcome1:

I think you are either misunderstanding or using the wrong words.

You absorb only sugar in the stomach - and the VSG sleeve is the same as the DS. Any sugar that is not absorbed in the stomach will be 100% absorbed shortly thereafter - without any revision to your small intestine, you will absorb ALL nutrients you eat naturally. With a sleeve, you will still have to be dieting for the rest of your life - have no misunderstanding about that. It may be easier for you, for a while, until the stomach stretches out, but you will have to be strict with watching your carbs and calories just like before. There is NO malabsorption with the sleeve.

Latest posts

Back