FRIGGIN' TELEMARKETERS....

Spiky Bugger

Same a-holes call my home landline...daily...from a phony number...do not honor do not call list...I insulted on of them...who apparently has THIS job because, among other things, anger management issues disqualify him for OTHER jobs.

So, since almost no one calls me on that number, I call forwarded that line to the local cops.

He's still calling.

I may change it to the White House Switchboard.

We were required to get a landline with our Cox Cable package. I honestly still don't know the new phone number. I bought a cheap 4 handset answering machine/extension set up, mostly because it has an intercom setting (which we still don't use, although this house is very spread out and compartmentalized - I was thinking mostly of when Dad moves in so he could call for help), but it only allows you to block 20 numbers at a time. I put the number on the Do-Not-Call list. And yet we still get 10+ phone calls a day, which we only answer when we feel like swearing at someone.

He has called AT LEAST 30 times.

Maybe more.

Currently, I'm forwarding all calls to his so-called number.

BTW...I figure you know, but this is a PSA... people in high density areas need landlines. At 911, they can find mostly THE CORNER you're on...maybe narrow it down to the building. But a multi-unit condo building or a multi-story shopping mall presents a needle in a haystack situation. Precious minutes can be lost.

BTW...I figure you know, but this is a PSA... people in high density areas need landlines. At 911, they can find mostly THE CORNER you're on...maybe narrow it down to the building. But a multi-unit condo building or a multi-story shopping mall presents a needle in a haystack situation. Precious minutes can be lost.
Unfortunately land lines as we grew up with them are going the way of the dodo bird. We had one til we moved here. No option for a landline. Closest we got was an internet based line with our cable company.

Landlines were a given when we lived close to the coast regardless of the population density. I wanted a standard AT&T type land line in a hurricane zone.

You know, you're right - it isn't really a landline - it's part of the Cox Cable package and the phone is connected through the modem.

Yup. We pay, way too much, for an at&t landline.

I hang on to my landline for the 911 reason, and it makes a difference that my police services have the address automatically display when they receive a call. Apparently not all cities/counties have that.

I haven't checked this out yet, but I recently read that as long as you have an original landline run to your house, you can still make a 911 call in an emergency even if you don't have phone service assigned to it. If that proves to be true I will not hesitate to port my phone number to a cell account and cancel my $50+/mo ATT phone bill.

Latest posts

Back