For those who knew her

Thank you for letting us know. I remember her from another board. She was one of those people who could drive you nuts, but she was always very supportive of everyone. My condolences to her family and friends.

I heard this too. From what's being said, it had something to do with a knee replacement? Not DS related?
Replacement of a Knee replacement surgery.
Around 10 that night, the hospital called us and said she had a cardiac arrest and they brought her back, but to get to the hospital. She had multiple arrests and they were giving her all the meds they could to save her, but it wasn't enough and we had to let her go. From what the nurses were saying she had sepsis due to infection, hemolytic anemia, and cardiac arrest as the causes of death.
No, not DS related except maybe the anemia.

Yeah I know this was posted in Dr K's group but I just don't remember her. I think I joined after she had stopped posting there or slowed down. In any case my condolences to her family and her daughter who posted yesterday.

These things are scary because I have chronic anemia and when my surgical wound from revision got infected I was septic and didn't even realize it until after I was discharged. Sure I felt crappy and was on a big gun IV antibiotic, but I didn't realize it was that bad. I just mention this to make sure people get to their Dr and or ER when you aren't feeling right (pain in gut that could be obstruction, Hr and or BP going really low, TTC). It can be much more serious than you think and playing tough guy/lady can get you dead.

Again my condolences to her family.

Latest posts

Back