First set of labs since out of the hospital & back to work today

DSRIGGS

Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon
Surprisingly everything that has come back so far is looking good. My A, E, K, Zinc and Copper are not back because they are send outs.

Some key values that have come back so far:

Calcium is 9. 2 on 8.4 - 10.2 range - It was down in 7's when I was in hospital.

D is up to 62 and has never been that high. Dr k gave me a shot before surgery so not sure if it is because of that or that and I am absorbing more

H & H are both in range towards the bottom so no longer anemic

Albumin is 3.8 with range of 3.5 - 5.0
Tot Protein is 6.4 with range of 6.3 - 8.2

I am very happy with these numbers since I haven't touched a single CREON capsule since the day before surgery and after 3 days in hospital fighting sepsis and basically NPO, my numbers are in range. Had I gone without CREON before this revision and had those circumstances I would have been in big trouble.

Now I am anxious to see how the others come in, but I feel like I am on the path now. I am exhausted after about 6 hours at work today, but I know I am on an upward glide path.

Last edited:
That's so exciting! I'm happy for you. I hope that your exhaustion wears off soon and you're feeling better than ever.

Sounds like a big improvement, Scott. And part of your exhaustion is probably from dealing with Cameron's current illness and not just from your own physical problems. Hang in there!

Sounds like a big improvement, Scott. And part of your exhaustion is probably from dealing with Cameron's current illness and not just from your own physical problems. Hang in there!
Yeah I think it is a little bit of both, and my WBC is still elevated around 11. My PCP said he isn't too concerned and doesn't think he should put me back on antibiotic right now, and I am okay with that. Hopefully it will clear up on its own and I get stronger everyday.

My stress about my job situation isn't helping my energy level either. I know I need to get looking and hard, but I am tired so haven't done too much in that regard.....and LOL that stresses me out which makes me tired, which stresses me out. :D

I am very happy with these numbers since I haven't touched a single CREON capsule since the day before surgery and after 3 days in hospital fighting sepsis and basically NPO, my numbers are in range. Had I gone without CREON before this revision and had those circumstances I would have been in big trouble.
THAT is the best news!

I'm so happy that you're heading in the right direction! Give yourself the weekend to rest, and then start focusing on your job situation....I know that's really easy advice... and that it's hard to follow... but try really hard to rest and relax. Stressing doesn't help.

That is wonderful news, Scott! Being off the Creon while maintaining those levels was the goal so I know you are pleased. Now rest up this weekend and don't stress the job yet. Just continue to heal!

Thanks ladies.

Zinc and Copper came back this morning. Both were barely in range or slightly below before my revision and now they are both solidly mid-range.

Latest posts

Back