Excited & Nervous

Courtney

I just called Dr. Keshishian's office for information! I know that RNY to DS revision is the best decision for me but obviously I am nervous. I would be traveling from Ohio to CA. I do not have to go to CA until it is time for my surgery (day 1 consultation, day 2 Pre-op stuff, day 3 surgery). I would stay 14-20 days.
I debated Keshishian vs Greenbaum (closer to home) but ultimately I feel a pull towards Keshishian. I am going to follow my gut.
If I continue on this journey I look forward to sharing it with all of you and am reassured that I will have all of your knowledge to rely on!
If my insurance approves I will have a travel reimbursement since there are no doctors within 75 miles of my home that perform this surgery.

Congratulations. Making the decision is sometimes the hardest part. I traveled to Dr. K (not as far as you) but it was one of the best things I have done for myself. He is a very skilled surgeon and a very kind and compassionate human being.

I am happy to answer any questions you may have.

Whit

Welcome Courtney. I am having a different type of revision with Dr K on August, 18. I am not absorbing enough so he is going to adjust my AL & CC lengths. I live in Central, IL and my son had surgery with Dr K in June. Flew in Monday, exam that morning and surgery that afternoon. Cameron is 21 and had severe gastroaparesis and had to have several other things fixed. He did not really have bariatric surgery but had a rouxen y drain on his stomach to get the food that wasn't emptying out.

In any case, Dr K was incredible (as a surgeon and a person) and I spent hours talking with him when we went out for Cameron's surgery. I have since had so many conversations with him and found out he has done over 2,000 DS surgeries and 500 or so have been revisions. HE IS AS GOOD AS THEY GET in my opinion and IMO you will not regret your decision.

FYI - We got in on Sunday and then flew back home the following Monday. My surgery we are getting in on Sunday and plan on flying back the following MOnday. My surgery will not be anywhere near as complex as a typical revision so it will take an hour or two tops....adjust the channel lengths, repair a hernia I think I have and take care of any adhesions (don't think I have any).

Good luck and congrats on your decision.

Hi Courtney! Dr. K is definitely top notch. Were I in need of a revision, he would be my pick for surgeon. Wishing you all the best!

Congratulations. I know that when I eventually move back to Southern CA he's there and that makes me feel a lot more confident.

Congratulations. I know that when I eventually move back to Southern CA he's there and that makes me feel a lot more confident.
I would love to move to SoCal but I don't know how anybody can afford it. I have a 3,100 square foot home with a 3 car garage on 3/4 of an acre and I paid $230,000 for that home. I know in anywhere decent in SoCal that would north of $1MM, probably $1.5MM. When Cameron was out I made a trip to pick up some alternative medicine at a ladies house near USC. She was renting and it was a nice craftsmen style with a good sized yard. The interior was okay but old and in need of lots of updating. The house was right on the edge of a not very nice neighborhood. It was probably 1,800 -2,000 sq ft. I asked her what she thought that home would sell for and she told me the landlord had it appraised and it came back at $950K. I make a very good salary and bonus, and my wife's salary is not the greatest but she has incredible health insurance...there is no way we could afford to live there especially when the jobs I have looked at pay less than what I make in Central IL.

Good luck and I hope you can move back some time.. I would love to move there as well, but don't see it happening unless somebody doubles my income.

The even crazier thing is that when my parents bought their home in 1982 (similar sounding Craftsman to the one described above) in a suburb within a decent commuting distance to the east of LA, they paid around 150k. The average price for a home in their town now? Just under a cool million. No way that two teachers with two little ones to support could afford to live there now

The even crazier thing is that when my parents bought their home in 1982 (similar sounding Craftsman to the one described above) in a suburb within a decent commuting distance to the east of LA, they paid around 150k. The average price for a home in their town now? Just under a cool million. No way that two teachers with two little ones to support could afford to live there now
or a professional who works for a Fortune 50 company

I would love to move to SoCal but I don't know how anybody can afford it. I have a 3,100 square foot home with a 3 car garage on 3/4 of an acre and I paid $230,000 for that home. I know in anywhere decent in SoCal that would north of $1MM, probably $1.5MM. When Cameron was out I made a trip to pick up some alternative medicine at a ladies house near USC. She was renting and it was a nice craftsmen style with a good sized yard. The interior was okay but old and in need of lots of updating. The house was right on the edge of a not very nice neighborhood. It was probably 1,800 -2,000 sq ft. I asked her what she thought that home would sell for and she told me the landlord had it appraised and it came back at $950K. I make a very good salary and bonus, and my wife's salary is not the greatest but she has incredible health insurance...there is no way we could afford to live there especially when the jobs I have looked at pay less than what I make in Central IL.

Good luck and I hope you can move back some time.. I would love to move there as well, but don't see it happening unless somebody doubles my income.
You're right. I'm an apt. dweller and couldn't afford a house. The reason I'll most likely go back is my only brother and his wife live there. Right now I'm in NY b/c my parents are elderly.

You're right. I'm an apt. dweller and couldn't afford a house. The reason I'll most likely go back is my only brother and his wife live there. Right now I'm in NY b/c my parents are elderly.
I have lived in my own house for so long I always forget about condos and or apartments.

Latest posts

Back