Excel spreadsheet to track labs?

JenKapNC

I believe I've pulled down the accurate information from VitaLady to track vitamin and mineral levels, etc. I just wanted to see if anyone had put this info into an Excel spreadsheet yet?

If so, may I get a copy. If not, as I get closer to my surgery date I will try to complete one and share.

Thanks in advance.

I believe I've pulled down the accurate information from VitaLady to track vitamin and mineral levels, etc. I just wanted to see if anyone had put this info into an Excel spreadsheet yet?

If so, may I get a copy. If not, as I get closer to my surgery date I will try to complete one and share.

Thanks in advance.

Someone here did this once before, can’t remember who?? But, I downloaded it and changed a couple things and it works great and runs concurrently so it’s an easier to tool look for trending up or down based on your historicals.

I would give you a copy of the spreadsheet that @Sheanie made but, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to upload anything on here. We used to be able to upload files.

I can't figure out how to upload anything on here. We used to be able to upload files.
@newanatomy You still can. Right side below the reply box is "Upload a File". Most use it for photos but other files are accepted. If you use Excel, make sure it's in the old format .xls not the new one as some people don't have newer versions of Office.

These are awesome! Thank you for sharing them.

I have a question - do you still get your labs through your surgeon or do you get them through you PCP?
I found out that my insurance will not pay for a A1c or CBC with lipids if my surgeon orders it. They say it is not necessary diagnostic information for them, but they will pay if my PCP orders them. I did not find this out until my labs were ran at 3 months. I called my PCP and left a message saying that I wanted those tests ordered.

These are awesome! Thank you for sharing them.

I have a question - do you still get your labs through your surgeon or do you get them through you PCP?
I found out that my insurance will not pay for a A1c or CBC with lipids if my surgeon orders it. They say it is not necessary diagnostic information for them, but they will pay if my PCP orders them. I did not find this out until my labs were ran at 3 months. I called my PCP and left a message saying that I wanted those tests ordered.
While still living in Knoxville where my surgeon is, I would have to get him to write part of the order, have my PCP write the ones the surgeon didn't do and coordinate all of it.

HOWEVER, we no longer live near there so I have a local PCP who is nice enough to pull all I ask twice a year. Next labs due in August.

Hmmm....my PCP has been very supportive of the DS and I know at this point all that I am to Dr. Inman is a statistic, as a matter of fact, I won't even see her again, I will just see the PA or NP in her office from here on out. I think I need to talk to my PCP and see if he will do this. It would make things easier on me.

@newanatomy and @southernlady Thank you soooo much!!! @robs477 ... Is there anyway I can get a copy of your template too? I am an anal accountant so I'm probably going to set up graphs with norm levels so that I can chart and watch trends. Did you guys use the suggested labs from Vitalady? @southernlady I saw where you had entered some of her ranges to the right of the LabCorp values... I'm assuming you guys tend to track via Vitalady's suggested norms vs. Lab suggested norms since she's btdt.

I thought my pre-op labs would be on my patient portal under my health assessment... but alas... No. I'm going to have to pay to get my lab results.

How do you guys do your labs? Do you push what labs you want or does your PCP/Surgeon. Do you meet after each lab or do they just call you if something looks off. Thanks in advance everyone. And thanks again for the worksheets!!!

I'm a sleever, but for the first couple sets of labs I brought a very long list that I wanted done (complete vites etc, just to make sure I was doing ok), to my PCP, and he had his person code it so it would be covered. I check things individually if I want on my own now, as I have a HDHP, and it's generally easier for me to order my labs online and go to a draw site.. rather than make an appt etc. If I'm going for a check-up, I'll tag some on there..

Either way, I get my results from my PCP faxed to me, or mailed (or with Directlabs, I get it online) and I track it- my Dr. as good as he is, will not call unless something is seriously wonky.. I have to watch out for a few things due to family history, and no Dr. (that I've met yet) is going to note something decreasing or increasing, only if it's out of range, and then maybe not even unless it's REALLY out of range!

@newanatomy and @southernlady Thank you soooo much!!! @robs477 ... Is there anyway I can get a copy of your template too? I am an anal accountant so I'm probably going to set up graphs with norm levels so that I can chart and watch trends. Did you guys use the suggested labs from Vitalady? @southernlady I saw where you had entered some of her ranges to the right of the LabCorp values... I'm assuming you guys tend to track via Vitalady's suggested norms vs. Lab suggested norms since she's btdt.

I thought my pre-op labs would be on my patient portal under my health assessment... but alas... No. I'm going to have to pay to get my lab results.

How do you guys do your labs? Do you push what labs you want or does your PCP/Surgeon. Do you meet after each lab or do they just call you if something looks off. Thanks in advance everyone. And thanks again for the worksheets!!!

I'm using the same one that @newanatomy posted

Working my way through the spreadsheet and setting up graphs. I'm a visual kind of gal. I finally got somebody at the Drs. office to post my labs so I have most everything now. I still need PTH for baseline... and I think I'm missing Vitamin K and E. My D is low pre-op and my ferritin is really, really low so I'm trying to get those up before surgery. Thanks again everyone for the help and advice. If anyone would like a copy of the spreadsheet with graphs added let me know (still working on them right now).

Latest posts

Back