DS Scheduled - Dr. K - Huntington Hospital - Hotel Ideas

One thing that I forgot to suggest is that if you can get a recliner at either an airBnB or a hotel that would be great because it isn't easy sleeping flat in a bed flat right away, especially if you have to go open for your surgery. That is another reason I recommend staying in the hospital as long as you can. One reason is for the hydration from iv fluids and secondly the adjustable hospital bed with side rails to help yourself get in an out.

BTW surgeons who are sending DS patients home after one night, well I think they are jackasses and doing harm to patients. just my two cents. I struggled very hard with hydration after my DS so I was very happy my Dr kept me 4 days plus Cameron had surgery the day of the last night i was ther and I knew if I went home that morning of hi's surgery that I wouldn't have been able to come back in...so he was just down tall about ten rooms from me. That was a huge relief. I ended up coming back in the next day when he released because his lung cavity filled with fluid/blood and he had to get a chest drain.That was a fun night....not .

I'm having mine on the 17th, and will be sent out (as long as there aren't any complications) on the 20th or 21st.

That's a great idea about the recliner. I will ask them as I go through the air bnb's. If not, I will ask if I could have extra pillows.....this way I can prop myself up some. I do have to say, the air bnb's are cheaper then the hotels. Some come with washer and dryers, with a full kitchen, showers, towels, toiletries, yards with pools, separate bedroom from the living room. I've found many under $100.00 per night.

Yeah I did airbnb my last trip. it was basically a garage converted to a house. one bedroom with two queens. It was okay and I think I paid $1,100 total for 11 nights. Remember with airbnb you have to pay a cleaning fee.

I prefer hotels but I saved close to $2,000 because a hotel was going to be $225 a night minimum after tax and parking.

BTW parking can be difficult for some of these because you fight for on street parking depending on the place. this place of ours was behind another house so it was a pretty significant walk. That is something else you might want to look into to make sure that you don't have to take a bunch of stairs or have a horribly long walk to get into your apartment or house.

Yeah I did airbnb my last trip. it was basically a garage converted to a house. one bedroom with two queens. It was okay and I think I paid $1,100 total for 11 nights. Remember with airbnb you have to pay a cleaning fee.

I prefer hotels but I saved close to $2,000 because a hotel was going to be $225 a night minimum after tax and parking.

BTW parking can be difficult for some of these because you fight for on street parking depending on the place. this place of ours was behind another house so it was a pretty significant walk. That is something else you might want to look into to make sure that you don't have to take a bunch of stairs or have a horribly long walk to get into your apartment or house.

I would love to stay at the hotel, but the prices for 10 to 12 days is just way over budget for me.

I am looking for homes on the 1st floor, no far walks, an absolutely no steps and with off street parking. Wish Dr. K. was on the east coast. :)

One thing that I forgot to suggest is that if you can get a recliner at either an airBnB or a hotel that would be great because it isn't easy sleeping flat in a bed flat right away
I was the odd duck (actually so was dh) in that neither of us needed a recliner to sleep in. We were able to get comfortable in a reg bed straight away.

Hi everyone! I know we've talked about hotels at Dr. K'S 2 hospitals, but now I know I'll be at Huntington.

1. Hotel name ideas for a 2 week stay? Want something decent, but not too expensive.

I remember someone mentioning airbnb, but I've never used it, and my husband would much prefer a hotel.

2. I think my husband can stay in the hospital with me the entire time, but from the vets - is it a good idea to have some alone time?

Thanks!
Jen
I wanted my spouse there the whole time. I recommend the Residence Inn's by Marriott as they have full kitchens!

Latest posts

Back