DS conference

Thank you guys. Any ideas on the SADI issue or if I look it up and not be lazy, I'd understand? I had another person asking about the DS vs. RNY. I want to have some education from the people who live with it for years, not a doctor pushing their services.

I find this to be a good solid place of decent evidence, most on here are pretty balanced.

Thank you guys. Any ideas on the SADI issue or if I look it up and not be lazy, I'd understand? I had another person asking about the DS vs. RNY. I want to have some education from the people who live with it for years, not a doctor pushing their services.

I find this to be a good solid place of decent evidence, most on here are pretty balanced.
I'm not particularly balanced but here's the short version. The SADI has only 1 intestinal anastomosis making it an easier op for the surgeon. It's unknown at this point how good it is for the patient but they have less malabsorbtion than the real DS. The problem is some of the docs don't explain the difference and patients end up with the SADI when they thought they were signing up for the DS. Next, the insurance code for the DS(CPT) is defined as a 2 anastomosis surgery. They are using the DS CPT code for the SADI. Is this just an oversight or is it being done because insurance says the SADI is experimental and will not cover the surgery?

Always follow the money!

They are LYING if they say the SADI/SIPS is just as good or better than a traditional DS. There are no long term results that qualify that statement.

Latest posts

Back