Dr Daniel Cottam, BMI of Utah.

I was using phlebotomy as an example of my stupid irrational fear its not about getting away with less blood draws just more how I skip them all together... I have to sit in the chair and try not to jerk my arm or hyperventilate. Obviously the same things that would bother you don't scare me.

My gall bladder is already removed.

What I find an interesting relationship is you called it an LDS. Here in Utah LDS is the Latter Day Saints Church aka the Mormons. I wonder if that might be an advantage in this market?

Make an appointment with Rocky Mountain Associated Physicians at St Marks hospital and talk to them before committing to BMI Utah. I did. I went with RMAP. They have been doing bariatric surgery MUCH longer than BMI and I love my DS. I was cured of my diabetes before leaving the hospital. I wasn't insulin dependant but your chances of a cure are best with DS. Hands down. That was one of my primary decisions to get the DS over any other surgery.

i just had an "old ds" done, and mine was completed in 2 hours. I think time also highly depends on doctors skill level. Also the hospital booked the ER for 3 hours just because the before and after stuff like putting on the table, putting you to sleep and then stitching you back up is also done in the operating room. And once you have the iv placed (which you will have regardless of procedure) and you are asleep, you really won't care if you have been asleep for 2 vs 3 hours. You will sleep the rest of the day anyway. you will care however if this sips fails, you develop bile reflux ulcers around the pyloric valve connection(many people are developing this), and you need to have a second surgery to revise it to a real ds. So many people go into surgeries that seem like less to them but good enough, only to find out it fails and then convert to the platinum standard ds years later. Go to the revisions section and ask around there. Me I wanted a once and done surgery. I wanted something proven to work, not a try it and see. I didn't want something just good enough to get me close, I wanted something excellent, that would get me all the way.

i just had an "old ds" done, and mine was completed in 2 hours. I think time also highly depends on doctors skill level. Also the hospital booked the ER for 3 hours just because the before and after stuff like putting on the table, putting you to sleep and then stitching you back up is also done in the operating room. And once you have the iv placed (which you will have regardless of procedure) and you are asleep, you really won't care if you have been asleep for 2 vs 3 hours. You will sleep the rest of the day anyway. you will care however if this sips fails, you develop bile reflux ulcers around the pyloric valve connection(many people are developing this), and you need to have a second surgery to revise it to a real ds. So many people go into surgeries that seem like less to them but good enough, only to find out it fails and then convert to the platinum standard ds years later. Go to the revisions section and ask around there. Me I wanted a once and done surgery. I wanted something proven to work, not a try it and see. I didn't want something just good enough to get me close, I wanted something excellent, that would get me all the way.
AMEN

Latest posts

Back