Dr. Anthone in Omaha?

Thunderkitty

I've read some things about him elsewhere, but nothing from anyone with a high starting BMI. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me about him. Are there any people who had a BMI 50+ who had him as a surgeon and saw significant loss? I read a couple of places that he uses the Hess method but, the comments were old and newer ones said he does not...if anyone can fill me in on what they know I'd be grateful.

I think he is a well-respected DS surgeon, who has had many satisfied patients for a long period of time.

I've read some things about him elsewhere, but nothing from anyone with a high starting BMI. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me about him. Are there any people who had a BMI 50+ who had him as a surgeon and saw significant loss? I read a couple of places that he uses the Hess method but, the comments were old and newer ones said he does not...if anyone can fill me in on what they know I'd be grateful.
In fact, I'd suspect he probably uses the "Anthone Method," and Keshishian uses the "Keshishian Method," and Rabkin uses the "Rabkin Method," because those doctors have been doing this for so long that they have all likely tweaked the procedures according to their experiences.

Okay, thanks Spiky and Elizabeth. I am new at looking into surgeons and I live many hours away from basically all of them, so I want to look into them thoroughly before I take a trip to meet with them. I am curious about whether I should be concerned about reading Anthone does long common channels like around 200-250 and a smaller stomach. I have no doubt in my mind he is a great surgeon with his level of experience, but I know I've read that there are varied opinions on the relevance of CC length vs. stomach capacity comparing it to weight loss, vitamin absorbancy, bowel movement issues, etc., but from you all's experience/knowledge is this something I should be concerned about (I have a BMI above 50)? I am concerned that I may not be able to lose enough early on to have good long term weight loss... just trying to learn from others and hear from any of his patients if I can. I want to do thorough research so I can make a good choice. :)

Okay, thanks Spiky and Elizabeth. I am new at looking into surgeons and I live many hours away from basically all of them, so I want to look into them thoroughly before I take a trip to meet with them. I am curious about whether I should be concerned about reading Anthone does long common channels like around 200-250 and a smaller stomach. I have no doubt in my mind he is a great surgeon with his level of experience, but I know I've read that there are varied opinions on the relevance of CC length vs. stomach capacity comparing it to weight loss, vitamin absorbancy, bowel movement issues, etc., but from you all's experience/knowledge is this something I should be concerned about (I have a BMI above 50)? I am concerned that I may not be able to lose enough early on to have good long term weight loss... just trying to learn from others and hear from any of his patients if I can. I want to do thorough research so I can make a good choice. :)

Can you ask him...if he has a "set" formula that he always uses or if he works differently with different patients...before you travel?

Last edited:
I think I'll try, but I did this a couple times with a different doctor last week and hit a wall...they wouldn't say...I guess they wanted me to come and talk in person about their methods, but when I have to drive like 12 hours its nice to at least have an idea! I'll give it a go tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back