Dr. Alverdy in Chicago

Nancy Boaz

Hello,

Please let me know if anyone has had the DS with Dr. Alverdy in Chicago. I actually already had this surgery in 2001 and looking for a revision. Thanks, NancyB in IL

Dr. Alverdy did my DS in December of 2013. He also did my mother's DS in 2004.

I'd say the quality of the surgical team is excellent, the quality of the rest of the hospital staff is passable. Overall, both my experience and my mother's experience were very positive. 10 years later, she's still down about 175 pounds. I'm down 70 pounds at 4 months out, recovery was smooth, and everything is going very well.

Dr. Alverdy was my DS surgeon. I am happy with the results and agree with the above assessment by November_ludgate. Feel free to PM me with questions.

@november_ludgate and @hilary1617 I believe the author stated they already have had the DS, therefore they would need a revision? I thought there are only a few revision experts or is that just from rny to ds where u would need one of the revision vets?

Hard to say what nature revision is needed without more information, but I personally would trust Dr. Alverdy to operate on me to conduct either (a) resleeving to increase restriction or (b) something to increase absorption like a kissing "x". These procedures would be far less challenging than a revision from a Roux-n-Y gastric bypass to a DS - which I would only trust to be done by one of the few revision experts.

Latest posts

Back