Does this old OH thread pass the sniff test?

Brandy

Freddled gruntbuggly
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7ztmoim57izhgj/Question about calcium and iron.pdf?dl=0

It is either one of the better detailed threads just waiting for me to dive into or perhaps it is mostly OH crap. It's from 2009, when giants walked in OH. I am more than happy to dive in and research the details, but I figured you guys probably could give me a quick thumbs up or down and perhaps save me a ton of hair pulling.

I edited the link to link to a pdf I made of the thread. While Links to other sites are not discouraged, the forum in question won't allow a link to us...so why link to them? Liz

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that's a blast from the past! IIRC, the poster ImADSer also posted as Pretty Dove, and could be a little tough to follow (not sure english was primary language). I only remembered her from that little animated KFC bucket running down the football field.

There is some interesting information there, in fact I think that's were I first read about adding silica to my calcium, and I looked up a liquid calcium mentioned there that had some bonus vites in it, but didn't like the taste. I still don't take calcium with other stuff, because I know it is in fact a binder for some things, but there is some research worthy stuff in that thread. I have to go back and reread it.

What a trip down memory lane with some of those posters! I'm so glad that education is the emphasis here because the DS has been often treated as the stepchild of WLS.

The OP of that thread was JillyBean, AKA Jill Williams (she posts on OHDS, not sure about elsewhere).

As for PrettyDove, she always seemed very confident of what she didn't actually understand. In this thread, she lost me at
"Silica is the ONLY mineral that can convert into calcium, especially when we are unable to produce or process calcium correctly in our system to be absorb. If there is an imbalance between calcium and magnesium, it is silica that helps restore that balance. "​
What the actual fuck?
Silicon dioxide, also known as silica (from the Latinsilex), is a chemical compound that is anoxide of silicon with the chemical formulaSiO2​
(SiO.sub.2) There is no CALCIUM in silica, and there is no such thing as transmutation or alchemy that can convert ATOMS of one element into another one (unless you are discussing nuclear fission or fusion). SHE'S FULL OF SHIT.

Some of what PD bloviated about on that thread is correct. The question is, which part? I can't even separate the wheat from the chaff.

Last edited:
The OP of that thread was JillyBean, AKA Jill Williams (she posts on OHDS, not sure about elsewhere).

As for PrettyDove, she always seemed very confident of what she didn't actually understand. In this thread, she lost me at
"Silica is the ONLY mineral that can convert into calcium, especially when we are unable to produce or process calcium correctly in our system to be absorb. If there is an imbalance between calcium and magnesium, it is silica that helps restore that balance. "​
What the actual fuck?
Silicon dioxide, also known as silica (from the Latinsilex), is a chemical compound that is anoxide of silicon with the chemical formulaSiO2​
There is no CALCIUM in silica, and there is no such thing as transmutation or alchemy that can convert ATOMS of one element into another one (unless you are discussion nuclear fission or fusion). SHE'S FULL OF SHIT.

Some of what PD bloviated about on that thread is correct. The question is, which part? I can't even separate the wheat from the chaff.

Oh, thank god! I was trying to understand it all and it was making my head spin. I am stopping now!

PrettyDove always meant well but was very hard to understand. Perhaps her own lack of understanding was part of the problem.

And personally, if I were to dabble in alchemy, it would be the good old fashioned lead into gold.

PrettyDove always meant well but was very hard to understand. Perhaps her own lack of understanding was part of the problem.

And personally, if I were to dabble in alchemy, it would be the good old fashioned lead into gold.

Or failing that, water into wine would be cool, a little Chateau d' Yquem perhaps.

Thanks everybody. It would have taken hours and days and weeks to dig that apart and I'm relieved to know I don't have to!

What the actual fuck?
(SiO.sub.2) There is no CALCIUM in silica, and there is no such thing as transmutation or alchemy that can convert ATOMS of one element into another one (unless you are discussing nuclear fission or fusion). SHE'S FULL OF SHIT.

Diana....have I told you lately that I love you?

Latest posts

Back