Curious- what is your food plan?

happyteacher

Hello,
Just curious what the food plan is for everyone. I am in maintenance, eat around 1700 calories or so, and admittedly have stopped tracking on a regular basis. I do track again if my weight starts to creep up though. I try to keep carbs around 150 net per day, and don't track fat... but I also tend to gravitate toward low fat choices so long as sugar is not used to compensate for the lack of fat. I exercise 3-4 times a week still, assuming I am not recovering from a surgery. In all, maintenance has been great- as has the entire process! Lately, dense drier protein has been making me a little sick- can't eat hamburgers anymore. Not sure if that is sleeve related though, as my older sister has the same issue and she is not a sleever or wls patient.

So where are you at in your food plan?

I am one year post-op and below goal. I am still losing albeit slowly. I use myfitnesspal when I remember to track. A good day I get in about 2k calories, 100-150 grams of fat and protein and about 50-70g carbs. I have a very small sleeve so I have to eat every 2 hours to accomplish this. Oi have a bad day or tiny tummy day a couple times a week. Regardless I try to start every day with a protein drink. I have noticed if I skip this it is difficult to get in solid proteins the rest of the day.

I went to Mexico for my surgery and sort of built my own plan - I was online (OH) and reading/posting every day and knew what others were doing. A lot of VSGers had been to Dr. Criangle in California and they had a formal program I think of as the norm.

my restriction was very extreme for the first...year, at least, so to get in enough protein I was mostly having clear liquids: syntrax nectars. then just bites of whatever I could tolerate. I did full fat everything and when I found eggs, chicken, etc to be too dry I would add a little mayo.

with every intention of tracking I started...and when I never got over 400-500 calories a day - I stopped. still not sure if that was a mistake. I did it enough that I still have an idea how much protein I am getting and I never feel my best if I don't start the day with protein or if I eat too much sugar or other simple carbs.

6 months ago I started to regain after moving cross country and going nuts with donuts, among other things. since joining here I have started tracking again: water and coffee - my intake of these is an inverse relationship.

in general, I was OK with a less structured and more intuitive approach. but you have to stay mindful!

I have a very small sleeve so I have to eat every 2 hours to accomplish this.

Whit, for what it's worth I felt like my sleeve hadn't reached it's normal size at only one year out. I don't know how long the swelling is supposed to last but for sure a long time.

I too did the self-pay, no plan.. make my own route. I too struggled to eat much the first year, 2 shakes a day and nibbles of real food- mostly meat and fat.. not a lot of room for veggies. Never did low-fat, but by default of restriction - I was low everything for a long while.

Tracked for the first 2+ years (1 year to goal, then under goal.. then another year plus tracking in maint) and now seem to eat about 1600-2500 cals a day (no longer track, but on occasion I check in..)

I usually default around 1600-1900 cals a day unless I'm being PMSmouth, or having liquid cals like beer/wine etc. I tend to follow macros and averages more than a daily thing, trends more or less.. I eat aprox 70-100g protein a day, more towards 70ish, and lower carb, usually sub 100, incl fiber.. when eating my own food- likely even lower towards 70ish total carbs, and the remainder is fat.. I eat pretty fatty. Last time I plugged all my stuff into Cronometer my macros were something like: 20% prot/20%carbs/60% fats.. erring on the side of more fat or protein, and less carbs. When I want to get some fluff off, I just drop down a bit on overall intake and cut out anything extra I've allowed in (wheat/grains/sugar/alcohol are the big 4) and it comes off slowly.

Latest posts

Back