Couple questions about months 60 to 90 days out

galaxygrrl

Hi all!

I hit a major milestone today. 50 pounds!!!! And 40% of the way to my goal (not counting the 10 for bounce back). Very excited. Started out at 264 and now I'm at 213.

I've been loosing very fast lately. It feels a bit too fast (yes, I know 4 weeks ago I posted I was not losing fast enough), but I'm concerned. Is this just worrying? I get concerned I wont stop losing. And generally, I believe to take things as they come, but this just seems pretty fast.

Also, I still feel that I can't eat very much. When should I be able to eat more. I'm really struggling to get between 70 and 90 grams of protein in. Still doing shakes to get to that amount of protein.

Finally, I've been throwing up a lot. It's when I eat something heavy - eggs, meat, chicken or seafood and maybe eat a little too much. I'm have trouble figuring out when I'm full and that is the problem. Do I need to eat slower. Sorry if this is TMI.

Thanks all.

My best suggestion is eat more slowly. Take time between bites and think about whether or not you are full! When I first started out someone advised me to use an egg timer between bites. That slowed me down right away!

Don't even worry about losing too fast. Unless your BMI actually becomes worrisome lose as much as you can as fast as you can. And don't forget the bounceback. I promise you are much more likely to not lose enough than to lose too much! And you don't want to slow it down at all! Be happy! For once you are getting what you paid for in the weight loss department!

My best suggestion is eat more slowly. Take time between bites and think about whether or not you are full! When I first started out someone advised me to use an egg timer between bites. That slowed me down right away!

Awesome advice

Be happy! For once you are getting what you paid for in the weight loss department!

This put a huge smile on my face.

Finally, I've been throwing up a lot. It's when I eat something heavy - eggs, meat, chicken or seafood and maybe eat a little too much. I'm have trouble figuring out when I'm full and that is the problem. Do I need to eat slower. Sorry if this is TMI.
Start by eating a bit slower. It takes some time for your stomach to tell your brain it is done. If you are eating "too" much, cut back some but eat more often. If eating out, get your to go box and put half in it (and then half of what is still left in the to go box as well.again) before even starting. Put your fork down between bites and ENJOY tasting what you are eating.

IF at home, very small portions, you CAN always go back for seconds. I serve both my husband and I cafeteria style. And then, if I have to ask myself if I want more...I don't.

50lbs. :5cool:

I couldn't eat 50 grams/protein per day till I was 6 mos. out so you sound OK to me. I supplemented each day w/a shake; for 2 years! I didn't like it, but I did it.

I also lost quickly. All of a sudden my butt was gone. I worried about how would I slow down when the time came. As it turned out, my body went low and then I slowed and stabilized. If you don't (by some chance) there's always creon.

I, too, barfed a lot. Twice a week for the first couple of years. With me, it was generally bc I drank too much after a meal. I was just so thirsty. It, too, worked itself out. I tried to drink more slowly and less.

Definitely, try to eat more slowly. Try to feel (while you're eating) if you're coming to that sweet/pain spot. Mine is upper chest. If I hit it, I've gone too far and have eaten too much. I guess it's another way we try to learn our new stomachs.

50lbs. :5cool:

I couldn't eat 50 grams/protein per day till I was 6 mos. out so you sound OK to me. I supplemented each day w/a shake; for 2 years! I didn't like it, but I did it.

I also lost quickly. All of a sudden my butt was gone. I worried about how would I slow down when the time came. As it turned out, my body went low and then I slowed and stabilized. If you don't (by some chance) there's always creon.

I, too, barfed a lot. Twice a week for the first couple of years. With me, it was generally bc I drank too much after a meal. I was just so thirsty. It, too, worked itself out. I tried to drink more slowly and less.

Definitely, try to eat more slowly. Try to feel (while you're eating) if you're coming to that sweet/pain spot. Mine is upper chest. If I hit it, I've gone too far and have eaten too much. I guess it's another way we try to learn our new stomachs.

This is really helpful. Thank you

Well done on 50 pounds forever gone!!!! :) I echo mindful, slow bites, but also small sips if you drink while you eat. As the feeling of fullness just wasn't the same for me after surgery, one thing I have learned to look for is early signs of satiety. For me, my nose starts running when I am actually full, but well before my gut feels like I've just eaten Thanksgiving dinner.

Last edited:
Well done on 50 pounds forever gone!!!! :) I echo mindful, slow bites, but also small sips if you drink while you eat. As the feeling of fullness just wasn't the same for me after surgery, one thing I have learned to look are early signs of satiety. For me, my nose starts running when I am actually full, but well before my gut feels like I've just eaten Thanksgiving dinner.

Thank you. The feeling full is just not the same, and I was just starting to put that together. That is helpful.

@galaxygrrl, I just want to chime in and say I so relate to what you wrote. I am about 90 days out now and struggling with the same. I have to weigh my protein to 2 ounces so that I do not overeat. If it is on my plate, I will eat it and make myself sick. I also get between 70-90 gm of protein a day. If I drink two protein drinks I can get in 90 grams, but there are days when I cannot stand to drink another protein drink and do not have the room in my stomach then the protein is closer to 70-80 grams for the day.

Each morning I wake up with an ache in my stomach. Is this hunger? Is it acid reflux? I have no idea. I get up and take a Nexium and shortly after choke down a protein drink. I do not feel hunger, just an empty stomach ache. Is this anything you are experiencing?

Each morning I wake up with an ache in my stomach. Is this hunger? Is it acid reflux? I have no idea. I get up and take a Nexium and shortly after choke down a protein drink. I do not feel hunger, just an empty stomach ache. Is this anything you are experiencing?
It is possible. And even tho you are on Nexium doesn't mean it's helping. Get with your PCP or Surgeon and get on a stronger dose or a different one (or both).

@galaxygrrl, I just want to chime in and say I so relate to what you wrote. I am about 90 days out now and struggling with the same. I have to weigh my protein to 2 ounces so that I do not overeat. If it is on my plate, I will eat it and make myself sick. I also get between 70-90 gm of protein a day. If I drink two protein drinks I can get in 90 grams, but there are days when I cannot stand to drink another protein drink and do not have the room in my stomach then the protein is closer to 70-80 grams for the day.

I'm having a bit of a different experience. I get hungry and I want to eat. I've gotten hungry since week two or three.

I don't have acid reflux, though I'm taking nexium. I never had bad heartburn though before surgery. I will stop taking nexium at 90 days.

The eatting thing has me so confused. If it's soft, yogurt, chili con queso, or pudding ( I do shakes as pudding), I can eat much more than a few oz, but any type of meat or fish, I have a pretty limited stomach and throw up so quickly.

So, I get hungry, but I can't really register full until its too late - that is my current struggle. And I don't get the satifying feeling of full I used to get at all.

I hope we both work through this soon.

I do loooooove the 50 pound weight loss though.

Cheers,

Beth

The eatting thing has me so confused. If it's soft, yogurt, chili con queso, or pudding ( I do shakes as pudding), I can eat much more than a few oz, but any type of meat or fish, I have a pretty limited stomach and throw up so quickly.
Soft foods are easiest. Dense protein takes time for many. I suspect in a few years, you won't even notice an issue.

Soft foods are easiest. Dense protein takes time for many. I suspect in a few years, you won't even notice an issue.

I hope you are right, and what you said is what everyone says, so I'm hopeful. But this is so unpleasant. I do hope it gets better soon.

(and it does NOT help, I hit a stall of course)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back