Charlie horses?

Charris

Now an angel
What deficiency do Charlie horses represent? I know potassium is one but is there anything else. I've been waking up with them really bad in my feet and legs. I stopped taking my water pills because I didn't have potassium to take with it but I'm still having them even though I have started the potassium. Ideas?

We have several threads going around about this problem, I don't think that any solutions have been offered. I doubled my potassium and added Co Q 10. Still have the leg and toe cramps. I get them more when I have been especially active, makes me think it might be hydration related. Have you been drinking enough water?

@newanatomy last week I'm sure I was dehydrated my urine was amber and I lot 9 lbs. Well I think I'm ok now because I gained the 9 back and my urine is very light again.

@newanatomy last week I'm sure I was dehydrated my urine was amber and I lot 9 lbs. Well I think I'm ok now because I gained the 9 back and my urine is very light again.

Are you still suffering with edema? I don't know enough about how the fluid distributes in the body to know if this is causing cramps.

Short term solution, a bottle of G2 and an aspirin. Long term, more iron, potassium, and magnesium. Iron made the most difference for me.

I think both potassium and magnesium can cause them, not sure what else. I do know water pill cause you to waste potassium, and maybe more, so if you've been on them, you may want them to draw some labs to make sure your level aren't off.

An aside, my mom has to take water pills and is prescribed potassium for this reason. I don't think it's particularly expensive, but if required it should be prescribed by the dr so insurance can pay for it, rather than being one more supplement you have to pay out of pocket for.

I have a huge bottle of prescription potassium but use it sparingly because my dr said too much potassium is just as bad if not worse.

I think both potassium and magnesium can cause them, not sure what else. I do know water pill cause you to waste potassium, and maybe more, so if you've been on them, you may want them to draw some labs to make sure your level aren't off.

An aside, my mom has to take water pills and is prescribed potassium for this reason. I don't think it's particularly expensive, but if required it should be prescribed by the dr so insurance can pay for it, rather than being one more supplement you have to pay out of pocket for.

i am pre-op so keep that in mind - but for me since I had a hysterectomy if I don't get calcium I get obnoxious leg cramps.

Latest posts

Back