Calling Mrs Bugger

DSRIGGS

Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon
Dr K thought you needed some company so he decided to empathize with you and get a kidney stone himself. Somebody just posted from his page the following:

upload_2016-8-3_20-31-19.png

Hahaha!

He will love that.

Yesterday I told him thank you for causing me to pass out while watching his webinar on thyroid function. Told him he is going to have to jazz up those presentations a bit.

When I was working as a research tech at UCLA during my break between college and grad school, I had to learn how to read Xrays (of rat fetuses whose mothers had diabetes, looking for birth defects). I spent a night or two shadowing a doctor at the UCLA ER (it was 1975). He would put up the Xrays and tell me what he was seeing on them so I could get the idea of how to read them.

One series came up and the radiologist was practically giddy explaining what was going on – he had done an IVP on a patient with flank pain, and the series of Xrays clearly showed a kidney stone moving from the top of the ureter all the way down and into the bladder – by the time the IVP was over, the patient was no longer in acute pain. He was tickled because as a radiologist, the IVP was one of the few ways he could actually CURE a patient, rather than just diagnose – the rush of fluid into the kidney and ureters occasionally flushed it through.

I wonder - with MRIs and such, and better dyes (these IVPs were pretty unpleasant) do they still sometimes wash out the kidney stone?

He probably didn't find that as funny as you did. :D

I told him I see the nurses aren't any less sadistic with their IV tape jobs on hairy Docs anymore than hairy non Doc patients.

Even surgeons take selfies to document their life as a patient. He's one of us!
He is so one of us. That really sums him up. He is just a super nice and fun loving guy who happens to brilliantly talented AND INCREDIBLY DEDICATED TO HIS PATIENTS AND EVEN THOSE WHO AREN'T.

Last edited:
When I was working as a research tech at UCLA during my break between college and grad school, I had to learn how to read Xrays (of rat fetuses whose mothers had diabetes, looking for birth defects). I spent a night or two shadowing a doctor at the UCLA ER (it was 1975). He would put up the Xrays and tell me what he was seeing on them so I could get the idea of how to read them.

One series came up and the radiologist was practically giddy explaining what was going on – he had done an IVP on a patient with flank pain, and the series of Xrays clearly showed a kidney stone moving from the top of the ureter all the way down and into the bladder – by the time the IVP was over, the patient was no longer in acute pain. He was tickled because as a radiologist, the IVP was one of the few ways he could actually CURE a patient, rather than just diagnose – the rush of fluid into the kidney and ureters occasionally flushed it through.

I wonder - with MRIs and such, and better dyes (these IVPs were pretty unpleasant) do they still sometimes wash out the kidney stone?

I've never sought care for one small enough to FIT, even if I had been hooked up to a garden hose. It sounds like a workable plan for stones under 4mm, but they are always worried about exiting stones tearing up the ureter, so they would likely add a stent for the procedure.

My kidney stones in the 1970s, before MRI, all were flushed out with the dye while I was in the ER. This one last month was MRI Dxed -- then I writhed in agony for a week until it worked its way out. I'll take the dye, thank you, but it's no longer offered.

I'm sorry for his stone, but I'll bet Keshishian didn't have to whimper and grunt in the ER's waiting room for 2 hours before he was seen.

My kidney stones in the 1970s, before MRI, all were flushed out with the dye while I was in the ER. This one last month was MRI Dxed -- then I writhed in agony for a week until it worked its way out. I'll take the dye, thank you, but it's no longer offered.

I'm sorry for his stone, but I'll bet Keshishian didn't have to whimper and grunt in the ER's waiting room for 2 hours before he was seen.
Knowing him I am certain he probably had the pain start up in the afternoon and fought through it treating patients until the end of the day. Then he probably went down to the ER. His office is in Verdugo Hills Hospital professional building that is connected to the hospital.

So you got in fast!

I did two, three+ hour stays n the EDs waiting room and then forever IN a room.

Yet, the feds on their Medicare site don't reflect that kind of wait. Someone is lying and I don't think it's us.

As you know when going to the er it is my chest hurts and breathing is a little difficult. Then when in, by the way it hurts when I pee and my back hurts.

Latest posts

Back