Calcium Oxilate Explanation

DSRIGGS

Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon
From Dr K's Blog. This youtube presentation from Dr K discusses Kidney Stones and the role of our system. It was interesting to me so I thought I would share.

I watched. Good as far as it went, but I still have questions.

Like...WHY?

And...WHAT THE HELL CAN I EAT?

And...what if the handy lemon juice fix (or citrate supplements) cause pain because of another problem?

I've gotta fix this.

Yeah, I watched it all the way through and believe me I so feel for you and your struggles. This is obviously a very complicated issue.

He talked about not cutting back on Calcium even if have stones....can't remember exactly what he said, but it made sense at the time but there are so many variables. I need to watch it ten times and I still probably will not fully comprehend. There are parts of being a Dr I could do well, this stuff, hell no.

Yeah, I watched it all the way through and believe me I so feel for you and your struggles. This is obviously a very complicated issue.

He talked about not cutting back on Calcium even if have stones....can't remember exactly what he said, but it made sense at the time but there are so many variables. I need to watch it ten times and I still probably will not fully comprehend. There are parts of being a Dr I could do well, this stuff, hell no.
The variables, and some of it only realized in recent years, has made it so even the treating physicians don't have a good understanding, or worse yet, believe the OPPOSITE of what we really need.

They have come a long way in literally just the last few years. This, like everything I've read from Dr K, has the latest data, and applied to our unique guts. He wasn't my surgeon, but I'm so thankful for that guy.

I saw footage that a researcher had of a stone starting to form within MINUTES, which was eye opening because I've always thought when I finally passed or blasted one, I had a few months (or hopefully years) till something else started and grew enough to be a problem. I was so dismayed to see the crystals forming MINUTES after stone removal. I'll link it here if I can find it (and can do so legally).

The variables, and some of it only realized in recent years, has made it so even the treating physicians don't have a good understanding, or worse yet, believe the OPPOSITE of what we really need.

They have come a long way in literally just the last few years. This, like everything I've read from Dr K, has the latest data, and applied to our unique guts. He wasn't my surgeon, but I'm so thankful for that guy.

I saw footage that a researcher had of a stone starting to form within MINUTES, which was eye opening because I've always thought when I finally passed or blasted one, I had a few months (or hopefully years) till something else started and grew enough to be a problem. I was so dismayed to see the crystals forming MINUTES after stone removal. I'll link it here if I can find it (and can do so legally).
I am so lucky, I mean I consider it a huge honor to have met the man and he is a man I now consider a very good friend. He does sooooo much for our community and beyond. He gave my son his life back (he would have killed himself by now, I am sure had Dr K not fixed his gastroparesis and Cameron being nauseous and feeling like shit 24/7/365) and I will never forget that.

He so thoroughly enjoys helping others, feels it is his absolute obligation as a Dr and not for only his patients that are paying his bills, and stays on top of the latest research. I just found his private FB group a few weeks ago and you wouldn't believe the whiney fucksticks who post on their who I don't think even realize it IS HIS CLOSED GROUP PAGE! Some of them I would like to slap the shit out of......

I learn so much from the man and he has been so good to me an my family. He is brilliant, shares the knowledge with anyone, and takes such great joy in helping others, all without a lick of ego...and his is funny as hell.

and to your point Bearmom.....it is very confusing, at least to me. Luckily, and knock on wood, I haven't had a stone since 3 weeks after my original DS. I feel for those of you like Sue and you who get them often.

I am so lucky, I mean I consider it a huge honor to have met the man and he is a man I now consider a very good friend. He does sooooo much for our community and beyond. He gave my son his life back (he would have killed himself by now, I am sure had Dr K not fixed his gastroparesis and Cameron being nauseous and feeling like shit 24/7/365) and I will never forget that.

He so thoroughly enjoys helping others, feels it is his absolute obligation as a Dr and not for only his patients that are paying his bills, and stays on top of the latest research. I just found his private FB group a few weeks ago and you wouldn't believe the whiney fucksticks who post on their who I don't think even realize it IS HIS CLOSED GROUP PAGE! Some of them I would like to slap the shit out of......

I learn so much from the man and he has been so good to me an my family. He is brilliant, shares the knowledge with anyone, and takes such great joy in helping others, all without a lick of ego...and his is funny as hell.
You aren't kidding about he whiny fucksticks in that group. There too, I'm just glad we have that place to learn.

You aren't kidding about he whiny fucksticks in that group. There too, I'm just glad we have that place to learn.
Lol no doubt. Some really cool people there as well like Taterweight and her husband. He had his DS the day after my hernia repair. I never actually got to see him and T and I just said hi as I was trying to walk in the hall. I could barely walk and didn't want to bother them so I didn't go in but it was cool to kind of meet them.

It really is amazing how "less than intelligent" some people are and I really want to tell a couple of them that they should never had the DS because they aren't responsible enough to have been given such a gift. That being said, Dawn is great as well as Susan C (16 years out), cyndi who is a revision three years out and she leads one of Dr K's support groups...and of course several cool cats like Liz, Amey, Susan, Leigh and a few others from here.

And holy shit, don't ever talk about carbs or the carb nazis will pounce. Lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back