Bariatric Revision

I'm in the DFW area.....Irving to be exact; I will be talking with Dr. Mustafa Alibhai with Nova Bariatrics. According to their website, he does revision surgeries and also does BPD-DS as well as SADI, etc. along with other forms of bariatric surgery. Other than this, I'm not finding much if any statics online regarding this doctor and any bariatric cases....at least nothing really specific. I'll be sure to inquire about his DS procedures, etc at the consultation. My other option for doctor that came up would possibly be Dr. Hodges, who was referred by a friend of my mother; but I would really rather stay closer to the Irving area as my mom would be driving me home post surgery when/if I have it, and the less distance she has to drive with me as an anxious passenger the better. If I don't choose Dr. Alibhai, then I will more than likely check out Dr. Hodges as a secondary choice.

I'm in the DFW area.....Irving to be exact; I will be talking with Dr. Mustafa Alibhai with Nova Bariatrics. According to their website, he does revision surgeries and also does BPD-DS as well as SADI, etc. along with other forms of bariatric surgery. Other than this, I'm not finding much if any statics online regarding this doctor and any bariatric cases....at least nothing really specific. I'll be sure to inquire about his DS procedures, etc at the consultation. My other option for doctor that came up would possibly be Dr. Hodges, who was referred by a friend of my mother; but I would really rather stay closer to the Irving area as my mom would be driving me home post surgery when/if I have it, and the less distance she has to drive with me as an anxious passenger the better. If I don't choose Dr. Alibhai, then I will more than likely check out Dr. Hodges as a secondary choice.
Most bariatric surgeons do “revision” surgery such as tightening the stoma of a RNY or a Band over Bypass, or turning a VSG into a DS.

But a TRUE RNY to DS revision is like getting a heart transplant. You may find a qualified heart surgeon but finding a qualified heart transplant surgeon is difficult. Completely different qualifications.

Without being aware of the qualifications of either doctor, I rudely offer the following:
Take a Valium and FORGET ABOUT DISTANCE, and go with the most experienced. It’s not like you’ll be making weekly trips. You don’t want to spend the rest of your life saying, “Well…it’s mostly okay, but it was a much shorter drive.” Years ago, we encountered people who went from Alaska to BRAZIL to find the best surgeon for their situation. I’m in Southern California and STILL drove past a few dozen bariatric surgeons, about four hours each way, to where the best surgeon for my revision (from Band) was then located. Besides, on your way home, you’ll probably be loaded anyway!

Latest posts

Back