Back pain

ampt

WWBD? What would bacon do?
Hi all,

Having weird back pain. Never had it before. It is tender on the front and back of my bottom ribs. It is mostly felt on my back but also in the front. I had come crazy hard sneezes today. Not sure that is what did it. No constipation, no vomiting, no bloody urine or stool. Ideas? Thoughts?

Thanks,
Angie

If it's the sneeze, it could be pulled muscles. If it progresses and is one-sided, maybe shingles. If it is garden-variety back pain, we get that during rapid weight loss. Posture is important, because you are losing that frontal fat pad you used to lean on. Strengthening your back muscles is the cure. Chiropractic adjustments help tremendously, I can witness to that. Also massage, preferably with hot stones and/or heat after a chiropractic adjustment to help it set in.

I don't do it full time anymore, but I'm a RMT. If one of your thoracic vertebrae is out of alignment it can refer pain to the front. The misalignment may have just happened for little or no reason, but it can also be because the muscles tightened/spasmed and pulled them out. So I second @Sheanie's advice, stretching, strengthening, massage and chiropractic might be an excellent solution.

Latest posts

Back