B vitamins

brooklyngirl

Yankee gone south
Hey all you vitamin knowledgable peeps! I have a 2 part question... So I wasn't taking separate B vitamins before my labs, just what was in my multi, and they all came back in the normal range. Do I really need to be taking any of the Bs or B complex or just the B12 alone? I'm just trying to clarify because it was noted that my B6 was getting a little high (so I stopped taking the Kirkland calcium with added B6) and that I should aim for B12 to be around 2,000.

Just as a reference-
B6=22.9 {2.0-32.8}
B1=118 {66.5-200}
B12=703 {211-946}

Part 2- do any of you have a recommendation for any of the Bs that don't smell and/or taste like shit? I have the vitalady regimen and I'm struggling with getting/keeping those down and with burping them up later, yet I don't even know if I really need them.
Thanks!

I bet you don't have to take them if you haven't been and your numbers are so good. I'll be waiting to see what the gurus have to say.

While your B12 is acceptable, it still could use bumping up. The closer to 1000 that you are the better.

I'm one of the "odd ducks". The only B12 I take is in my multi (3 a day) and I stay at the over 2000 level. But then I did that long before ever considering WLS on NO vitamins at all. I'm just really good at getting that one thru food.

My Bs got too high for some and ok for others on the B-complex. The B6 got way too high and wouldn't come down. I stopped the B-complex and only supplemented the B1 with a 100mg capsule. I continued on the sublingual B12 to keep it up and over 1000.
Now I take 5,000mcgs of B12 every other day. I also only need the B1 every other day. I take 2 VitaMin (Vitalady) multi capsules that seem to be keeping the other Bs at the mid to top of the ranges and the B6 has finally come down. I never had any symptoms of toxicity with high B6 but I didn't want to risk it long term.

My B's were through the roof. I take one B complex once a week and a B12 once every two weeks. Everything else I get through my multi vitamins and that seems to work for me.

I've never seen a B complex that doesn't smell bad.

My B's were through the roof. I take one B complex once a week and a B12 once every two weeks. Everything else I get through my multi vitamins and that seems to work for me.

I've never seen a B complex that doesn't smell bad.
I don't even take a B Complex, or any extra B's...all I take is what is in my daily multis. I'm way too paranoid of high B6 or low B12...both can cause irreversible nerve damage if left in the wrong range for too long.

Hey all you vitamin knowledgable peeps! I have a 2 part question... So I wasn't taking separate B vitamins before my labs, just what was in my multi, and they all came back in the normal range. Do I really need to be taking any of the Bs or B complex or just the B12 alone? I'm just trying to clarify because it was noted that my B6 was getting a little high (so I stopped taking the Kirkland calcium with added B6) and that I should aim for B12 to be around 2,000.

Just as a reference-
B6=22.9 {2.0-32.8}
B1=118 {66.5-200}
B12=703 {211-946}

Part 2- do any of you have a recommendation for any of the Bs that don't smell and/or taste like shit? I have the vitalady regimen and I'm struggling with getting/keeping those down and with burping them up later, yet I don't even know if I really need them.
Thanks!

I experienced 'foot drop' with a B12 level of 613 (I think, might have been 623 whatever) I shoot for 1500 on my labs. Scary shit right there.

While your B12 is acceptable, it still could use bumping up. The closer to 1000 that you are the better.

I'm one of the "odd ducks". The only B12 I take is in my multi (3 a day) and I stay at the over 2000 level. But then I did that long before ever considering WLS on NO vitamins at all. I'm just really good at getting that one thru food.

Hi Liz, my labs just came back and I am at 2000 on the B12. I remember reading this about you a while back?? Everything else is good. Any advice would be appreciated.:D

Hi Liz, my labs just came back and I am at 2000 on the B12. I remember reading this about you a while back?? Everything else is good. Any advice would be appreciated.:D
Other than listening to doc's telling you to drop the extra (when you are not TAKING any extra) nothing to worry about. High B12 is not an issue.

Latest posts

Back